Friday, July 1, 2011

Sayonara June

Is it really July? Someone pinch me because it just can't be real. One year ago we were celebrating with friends at baby showers, finishing up Hallie's nursery, and spending our evenings in parenting courses....thank goodness it wasn't this stinkin' HOT! My cankles would have revolted. So let's talk about the heat.....it seems that 105 degree temps tend to multiply frustration. I think where I went wrong was starting off the week with a Monday full of cleaning. Usually cleaning is a relaxing, relieving activity for me....but it turns out when it involves three bags of laundry from our house-sitting stay and a room where I couldn't even see the floor (I took a picture of Hallie's room to put on here....but I am so absolutely disgusted by it that I'll just spare myself the shame) it's hard to know where to start. Don't get me wrong, the whole week wasn't that way....yes, it was hot...but we found a good way to battle it. Kylie and I took Hal to the aquatic center on Tuesday for some splashin' around. My daugther is a water baby all the way.....just give her a deep end and a slippery slide and she's all set. This girl was watching the older kiddos and plotting her next dangerous activity all the while faceplanting in the water. She got to experience the thrill of sliding down the big kid slide....

"Let's do it again!!"

"I think this might be too revealing..."

We took advantage of the park being pretty empty and let Hal give it a go at climbing up the slide. You could just see her little mind thinking "ooooo boy I'm such a big girl!" She was super busy getting her swim on.....even too busy to snack. Now that's busy!

"Ok, maybe just one cookie....I'll leave it right here."


"On second thought I'll just store it right here."

The aquatic diva swam her little heart out but somehow managed to gain a few pounds before leaving. My bad....apparently swim diapers are created for a reason....when we went to put a new diaper on her we were surprised to see a pile of clear jelly diaper stuff flowing out since it had absorbed its capacity. Swim diapers from now on. :) 

"Come on mom, this is embarrassing!"

"I never leave my toys at home..."

Wednesday morning was a bit of a bummer from the get go since I'd had Monday and Tuesday off work. Good thing I had my girl to cheer me up that morning. She was in an extra spunky mood so I plopped down on the floor with my makeup bag and spruced up her beautiful face with some blush...


"I'll pick it all up I promise"

Daddy is in trouble because she already LOVES makeup. She has no idea what purpose it serves yet but someday she will learn that it makes it possible for mama to walk out in public and not scare people with her face. :) Honestly I can't even remember what happened on Wednesday...I have no picture evidence so something tells me that it was one of those days. Ok, wait...it's all coming back to me now....got off work at 7:00, grocery store, cooked dinner, made baby food, broke the food processor, cursed for a second, contemplated going out to buy a new one so that I could finish the baby food making process but instead just went to bed. Sigh. "Maybe Thursday will be more friendly...."

Uh, not so much. At the end of the day Riley and I had a contest called "I Bet My Day Was Worse That Yours." That about sums it up....I don't even need to go into the part about driving an hour to see a new patient who was vomiting everywhere the moment I walked through the door and continued to do so the whole time I was there. And I surely don't need to mention the part about walking in on a large naked man in bed only to find that my patient wasn't in fact home and I had just driven 45 minutes for nothing. And why would I even bother to mention the part about....well, you get the picture. Thursday was one of those "pick up some type of high fat, high calorie food on your way home" kinda days. Our girl, on the other hand, had a spectacular summer, do nothin' kinda day. She was back to Thursdays at Nanny's and they had quite the day I hear....popsicles, shopping, and swimming. What better day than a Nanny day to wear all of her new souvenirs? She was stylin' in her sheep shoes and backpack from New Zealand, her Hard Rock Fiji onesie and her Hawaiin flower headband. None of it matched together but that didn't matter....what mattered was how gosh darn cute she was in that backpack (FYI: we packed a ball and a sippy cup in the bag). Nanny got a kick out of her new get up when we showed up that morning.....

AHHH, the cuteness is too much!!

Ready for school

Momma said they'll be days like this.....no, she really did. After more than 15 years in home health my mom had quite a few of these vomit/naked men/waste of time days and I had heard about quite a few of them. While I lived a nightmarish day, Hallie waited until after bedtime to have some nightmares. "Babymares" are so scary for my sweetheart. She wakes up screaming with tears streaming down her face with that bottom lip jutted out in a pouty face that would make anyone's heart break. I took it as a good opportunity to get some cuddle time with my girl and I really felt like it was the big band-aid I needed at the end of a hard day....knowing that my girl needed me and she's the only job that matters. Now as far as the screaming fest tonight, I'm pretty sure she was just playing me with that one. :) I'll take baby cuddle time anyway I can get it....

Oh Friday, Friday, where art thou Friday? Here you are!!!! Someone else was a litle bit giddy about FRIDAY as well......



This morning brought about a rarity....Riley and I got to wake Hallie up. We literally had to rub her back and watch as she slowly rolled over looking mighty ticked off with red marks on the face from sleeping on a wrinkled blanket. We didn't get our usual "good morning" smile...it was more like a "you have got to be kidding me" look. I wonder what would happen if we acted that angry when she woke us up on the weekends? LOL. Hallie and Nanny had another fun summer day with more messy summer foods and swimming of course. Makes cleanup a lot easier......



Once I got her home she was in a very pushy mood. But probably not how you are thinking. She has a new obsession. Pushing objects. Any object. She doesn't discriminate. Any size, any shape, any distance. If it can be pushed, she will push it. Her pink chair, her standing music table, distilled water jugs, and even her high chair. Guess she didn't like the way we had arranged things......



A goofball extraordinare that Hallie is. She lights up around 6:00 each night when it's playtime with mom and dad. She has been doing a little walking from chair to dog, dog to mom, mom to chair, chair to dad...you get the picture. Crawling is still her preferred method of transport. We have managed to avoid any boo boos or major accidents thus far (knocking on wood) despite her daredevilish ways. I'm telling you, she is a silly little booger......

Licking every last bit of banana from her plate

"No dogs allowed in my fort!"

A new month is here and it's gonna be a BIG ONE!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment