Sunday, July 24, 2011

No love for turtles

It's safe to say that Hallie won't be asking for a pet turtle anytime soon...or ever.

Riley spotted the hard-shelled creature crawling around in our "backyard" Saturday morning. I use quotations because I am not sure what qualifies a space as an actual backyard....let's see here....we have a 2' x 2' area to move in out there....does that meet the requirements? Lol. A pajama-clad Hal was looking out the back door so I thought I'd introduce her to first reptile. Hallie, meet turtle. Turtle, meet Hallie.

Get that thing away from ME!!!!!!!!

He must've got the message because he retreated peacefully.....

"Yeah, that's right turtle, keep on walking"

"That baby doesn't mess around....I'm outta here."

Hopefully a turtle is the only reptile we will be seeing in our yard. If she feels this way about these friendly green creatures then I'm not sure how a snake or a lizard would go over.

By the way, we had turtle soup for dinner tonight. Hallie's request. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment