Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Cookout with the Cousins

Last night we had the pleasure of spending time with my dad's side of the fam for a cookout. My cousin Justin and wife TeNeil had us over for one of their monthly family dinners. Being closer to lots of my family in Woodward and Shattuck was definitely on my "pros" list before we moved out this way. It was great to get all of the little cousins together...my aunt Betty and cousin Keisha and her husband Jon came over. Hallie's third cousins Eve, Jude, Corbin and Peyton kept things lively and sure kept Hallie's attention on the big kid stuff they were doing. Hallie made herself right at home and headed for the door once she found out swimming might be involved......

"I assume the pool is this way..."

Sweet girl was slowed up a bit by this fall

"Nothin's gettin' in my way"
After a yummy dinner the kids were ready to jump in the pool so the little ones strapped on their floaties and Hal stripped off her clothes for some fun....


Sweet older cousin Eve was the "mother" in the pool and helped Peyton and Hallie have fun since the adults were staying on dry land....


 Jude and Corbin are the giggliest, happiest couple of boys I've ever seen....


Swim diapers really are for the birds...I really do not see the purpose they serve seeing as how I've been both pooped and peed on while Hallie was wearing them.
Eve hauling around Hallie and her 20 lb diaper

It was a gorgeous evening outdoors. Anytime we can get out of our cave is a GREAT night!

"I can't decide if I want to swim or fall asleep on dada's shoulder."

Munchkin started getting pretty tired around 7:30.....


But she wasn't done just yet....too many things to check out. More specifically, Eve's glasses which she so graciously toddled over and handed to TeNeil. Thank my lucky stars she didn't have a tumble while holding them.

On those tippy toes


A great night


Sounds like next get together will be on a Friday night so that Gman can come join in!

No comments:

Post a Comment