Saturday, February 28, 2015

Our first Glow in the Dark 5K

The weather was perfect for an evening run on the night of Eden's Fireworks Glow in the Dark 5K. Although Hallie never got to meet her cousin Eden, she knows about her and knows why we were planning to run in this special race. I ended the night in tears watching fireworks light up and shine beautifully through the dark sky after the race was over. It was truly breathtaking.
 
Here are a few pictures from our fun and memorable family evening together......
 
This was Hallie's choice of pre-race snack.....yes, she wanted the entire box claiming she would share with friends at the race :)

Bella was less than impressed about the pre-race goings on around her

Hal and Harper cuted it up before the sun set

A family that runs together is crazy together ;)

We love these girls so so much

Oh and these girls too! ;)

Big fan of the glow in the dark swag. Big fan.


This chick has mom and dad's competitive blood in her. She hollered out at runners who passed us telling me to hurry up and not let them win. Hahaha! It was quite entertaining and made me proud of my mini runner

This crazy dude won the whole race! So proud of him!

This is a very blurry action shot of Hallie running in front of me. It was dark. I mean really really really dark. Especially back in the trees. But she ran about 2/3 of the 5K. I loved every minute. Well....except for the last five minutes after Bella woke up terrified of the dark and screaming.

TeNeil and Justin put on such a fun race for this community

My running buddies make me so happy

This was my second attempt at running behind my new (to me) double jogger. Let me just say that it wasn't a pretty sight to see such an out of shape momma huffing and puffing but it felt good to finish. The "you were the first stroller mom to finish" comment made me chuckle. But this lumpy stroller mom had a blast! Hallie still talks about the race so I'm guessing that means we will be repeating this fun event every year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment