Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Hallie O'Malley

She can kick, and she can stretch...and she's 6 weeks! Please tell me you have seen the Saturday Night Live skit about Sally O'Malley, the 50-year-old animated lady who wore tight red pants and showed that she could kick, stretch, and kick and she was 50! Well if you haven't seen it, here ya go...


http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/rockettes-open-audition/2847/



We have our very own Hallie O'Malley. She has transformed into a wiggle worm over the past 2 weeks. When I will lay her down on the couch while I go into the kitchen to grab something, I return to find that she has squirmed her way down about a few inches. And like Sally O'Malley, she definitely knows how to kick, stretch and kick....






Hallie scored a 5 on the HSS for last night's performance. She was an angel baby for her dad from 7 to 10 oclock. Just like a sack of potatoes on her dad's shoulder snoring away. We even tried to wake her up and entice her to eat with a big bottle of milk. But she was so tired she had passed out with her jeans and socks still on. We layed her down for bed and I said goodnight to Riley...I told him "just watch, I will go in there and lay my head down on the pillow and she will wake up immediately. Just like clockwork. I hollered through the wall, "see, I told ya." He just laughed. We were up and ready to party. But thank goodness we left the party early and fell asleep around 11:30. She took the bottle but it came out of both ends just as fast as it went in. The girl keeps me runnin'! We are loving this rainy day. Even the dogs slept in until 7:30. I just love cuddling up on days like this. Especially with a warm little baby.

I learned a lesson last night. I can't cook. Well, with a baby in my arms that is. We were biting into our tacos and realized that the beef wasn't cooked, it may as well have been mooing still...I guess it's hard to pay attention to your own food with a hungry baby. If we both get E.Coli, who wants to come take care of Hallie????

Last night I spent the evening organizing Hallie's new things in her room. I am discovering each day what I can and can't place down low...Emmi likes certain bows and toys. So bows and toys go up high. She couldn't care less about diapers and hygiene gear so they go low. I can't walk into her room without finding something has been dragged out of a basket...and I turn to see Emmi cowering down at the door before I can even scold her. I don't really know if you can consider my "scolding" a punishment. It goes something like this..."Now Emmi, momma wants you to please stay out of Hallie's stuff. Good girl." (all the while petting her). You can tell who is going to lay down the law around here and it won't be me! Momma's a pushover at it's finest.



Today begins the second half of my maternity leave. The first half seems like it began a decade ago, so I'm praying that this half will last just as long. I told Riley last night that I was sad that I only had 6 more weeks off work...he rolled his eyes at me. I'll make him a deal...if he can discover someway to grow breasts, then he can stay home with our next child. :)

I have lots of projects to get done over the next six weeks. Decorating for fall, scrapbooking for Hallie, getting back into quilting, and finding a babysitter. The babysitter thing doesn't have to happen if each of you readers would like to send me a check each month to cover the mortgage and car payment and I won't go back to work. Thanks. We will call it the "Keep Hallie Home" campaign. Make checks payable to yours truly and my address is........

We have a wonderful lady right across the street who has had a home daycare for years...Riley and I met with her and have been waiting to hear if she has an opening for an infant. She has a huge playroom for the kids and keeps her home super clean. I spoke with her last week and she was waiting on word from a friend who maybe wanted to take her infant there. Today is the day I am supposed to check back with her.....cross your fingers and say a prayer that this will work out. Being able to walk her across the street every morning would be a huge time saver, and I would feel so much more comfortable knowing she was staying so close to home. She will only be going to daycare 3 days each week and Nanny Kathryn will come to Mustang to take care of her on Thursdays and Fridays. If it doesn't work out with the lady next door, my next project will be visiting daycare centers to find the right place for Hallie. If anyone knows any home daycares in the area, please let me know!



Hallie's Corner


So I have been hearing rumors among my social network that people don't believe I really type Hallie's Corner. They claim that my mom writes it for me. That is ridiculous. Just because I am vertically challenged and am lacking coordination and head control doesn't mean I can't adapt. This is for all you skeptics out there....

"See, I told you."

My Grammy is going to stop by and see me today. She has another doctor's appointment and she is going to come give me some lovin' on her way home. I scrubbed up really good for her because Dad told me last night that I smelled like sour milk....

"Mom says this pic is so she can embarrass me someday when I'm older...well if she puts it on the blog, she will embarrass me sooner than planned."

No comments:

Post a Comment