Sunday, September 26, 2010

Hallie's NW Oklahoma Tour

My three day hiatus from the blog world has left my mind full of thoughts and they are bursting to get out! 12 hours of driving time logged over the past few days and that is enough for me for awhile. Hallie is a champ at riding in the car, it's her dad and I that can't handle the late night driving anymore...gah, I feel old! The little angel slept probably 11 hours and 55 minutes of the 12 hours. The car is a magic baby-quieting machine. So where were we driving to you ask? Riley took a well-deserved day off on Friday so we could go visit Nanny's house. Friday morning was something I don't wish to relive. We had planned on leaving town fairly early to get a jump on the day, but someone had made other plans for us. We are not sure who this "someone" is, but they were nice enough to dump this little guy in our yard...

No Name

This precious boy has no name because I am doing everything in my power to not get attached. I have limited myself to a couple minutes a day of playing with him....I let Emmi do the entertaining. We have been keeping him a crate in the backyard just in case he has fleas or something else we don't want in our house. I tried to use the powers of Facebook to find this puppy a home but didn't get very far with that. I think we are looking at taking him to a shelter tomorrow. This is your last chance to call dibs on this guy...I know you want him!!! Emmi has been pretty confused since this dog showed up in her territory. I tried to explain the situation to her but she has been acting out...she asked me if she could share her thoughts...so this one time only, presenting Emmi's Corner....

Emmi's Corner

Ruff ruff everyone. My feelings can best be shared in the form of a poem...

Where did this dog come from, and who does he think he is?
I hope he is not staying, I already have to compete with that kid.

He has taken over my home, and he is eating all my food
My mother says she isn't attached, but I'm beginning to think she likes that dude.

My dad has a distaste for weenie dogs, he thinks they're ugly and loud,
So why is he letting this dog stay and overcrowd.

I tried to talk to my mom, but she doesn't seem to care,
Maybe she will get my drift, when I pee in her chair.

Yeah, that will get her good, and maybe that dog will go away,
Oh who am I kidding? I had a blast playing with that dog all day. :)

BFFs

We finally got out the door and had a peaceful drive to Woodward. First things first...Papa Bill wanted to show Hallie off to his coworkers at the bank. He carried her around so proudly and introduced her to everyone. Everyone had heard so much about her already and was excited to meet her! I heard a lot of "oh, her hair is a kinda red" and "well, she sure does look like a Fanning." The Irish in her is more and more evident everyday! After her bank tour, we dropped her off at Nanny's for the afternoon and Bill, Riley and I headed out to the farm at May. Our mission: to pick up the new "project." The project is a car. A '65 Mustang to be exact. John Deere green. Nanny Kathryn's very first car. And according to my dear husband, it's in pretty good shape. Well. Here is part a conversation we had last week...me- "so Riley, does the interior still look pretty good?" Riley- "Oh yeah, it's pretty much like new." So you can imagine my thoughts when I took a peek in the driver's side and saw this....


If by "new" he meant a huge hole in the seat, then alright, it looks really new. Lol! This gave us a good laugh. Bill and Riley worked like a seasoned Nascar pit crew and I just stood back and watched in awe while they fired up the car. All the while wondering if Riley was wearing glasses the last time he looked at the car because he had been describing something completely different. He has been persuading me to take on this project as my own (with him doing all the work of course and I would just do the fun stuff like pick out wheels, paint color and interior color). It has suffered a hit and run as well as a collapsing barn. And I hear through the grape vine that baby kittens were birthed in the backseat. It is going to take lots of work and I am not sure if Hallie will be able to go to college after we get done restoring this car, but I'm sure it will be a beauty. ;)




Loaded up and ready to head back to its new home in Mustang....seems very fitting!



We were only gone for a couple hours and I was already missing this sweet little girl...

"Where ya been mom?"

Back at Nanny's house, Hallie showed off her new tricks for Nanny, Papa, Aunt Katie, and Aunt Kylie.  


Proud grandparents

Aunt Katie loves her time with Hallie

 Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you about her new tricks!!! Not only are we smiling, but she is also mimicking other faces too...she can stick her tongue out at us and lifts her hand up to wave back when we wave at her. She likes to have "smile-a-thons" with Riley. It is our new favorite thing to do! Everyone was sad to see her leave after dinner. I guess she didn't want to leave either because she broke the rules when we put her in her carseat...she cried in Nanny's house! Side note: Nanny has entered Hallie in the Woodward News cutest baby contest....she is baby #1 and needs your votes! So if you live in the area send some votes her way!

The whole way home I was secretly thrilled that is was not my night to wake up and feed because I was dead tired by the time we got back. We both fell asleep knowing that we weren't going to get enough rest before our next day of driving but I am certain I got more sleep than Riley that night because little miss Hallie was well rested from her roadtrip and ready to start the day at 4. I think I could have slept til noon, but 7 o'clock came and told me to wake up so that I did. Riley went to a men's breakfast at church with our neighbor friend. Hallie and I were out the door on time and headed to Enid to pick up Aunt Bailey and Grammy. Hallie was the perfect passenger, although Bailey was pretty bummed that she slept the whole way and she had called dibs on the backseat so she could play with her. We had some good girl time...it's not very often all three of us hang out for an entire day! The only eventful part of our trip was pulverizing a dresser drawer in the middle of the road. We were just driving along and see one dresser drawer on the shoulder, oh there is number two drawer. Hmm, where's the third one? Smash!!! There it was. Tire was surprisingly okay. We got there just in time to head over to Matt and Amy's baby shower...but not before great grandma and great grandpa got to love on the baby...it was Hallie's first time to meet her great grandpa Paul..
"Thanks great-grandma, I was pretty parched after that long drive"

"Oh, hi great-grandpa!"

I had been dying to dress Hallie in this fabulous outfit since she was born...thanks Aunt Heather! She definitely looked fabulous! But I did catch a lot of flack for too many bows...but the socks and matching bow were a must! I think most of the family is rooting for her to be a tomboy and rebel against the pink that I douse her in. Last time I checked, divas wear pink. Very fitting for her!


Everyone poured into Grandma's house and we were off to the baby shower. Amy and Matt got lots of great stuff for baby Aaron! I can't wait to meet him and I know that my grandma is super excited to add another great grand to her list! I absolutely love when the whole family gets together...if I had two words to describe our big family, it would be FUN and LOUD! Well, the loudness mainly is a product of Bailey being in the room but we won't blame it all on her.
"We meet again my fellow red-head!"

Proud Grammy showing off "her" baby at the shower

Great Aunt Deedee getting in some practice before her grandson Aaron arrives in 4 weeks

Amy (and baby Aaron) opening gifts at her shower

Aunt Bailey taking one for the team and doing the sniff test

She was ready for a break under the fan

Hot little baby wanted to be naked for awhile

4 Generations

It was a typical family gathering...Grandpa was a silent observer in his easy chair, David was cursing at the tv watching football games, Lana was running around like a chicken with her head chopped off cleaning the house for grandma, and Grandma was making hilarious comments. This one was a favorite from yesterday....when talking football, Lisa says "yeah, FSU just didn't show up for the game against OU." Grandma responds by saying "well they didn't even come?" Ha! Ha! I didn't want to leave, but I had a LONG drive ahead of me. Hallie got to hang with G-man for awhile when I dropped Grammy off in Enid. Hallie yet again showed off her new skills for him. She definitely has the smiling down. Every now and then I think our smiles might seem more creepy than happy because she will make a bug-eyed face and pull her head back like she's scared. I stayed to watch the end of the OU game with him...I figured it would be easier to be able to watch them lose than to hear it on the radio and not be able to see what was going on. Well, they snuck by in the end and I was able to drive home in peace. Hallie even withstood stopping at each and every stinkin' stoplight in Kingfisher. Seriously, there was no cross traffic to stop for...I would just stop and hold my breath and stare in the backseat until the light would turn green. But she didn't wake up. Whew. Daddy was happy to see his girls when we got home. Riley had spent the day in Woodward and out at the farm in May getting his hunting gear ready for the upcoming season.
Shame, shame on us...we did not make it to church this morning. Hallie woke up at 3:45 to eat and squirmed around with her eyes wide open for 5 hours while I layed there half asleep intermittently shoving the binky in her mouth. I was a walking zombie and felt like I had been shot with a tranquilizer gun when the sun came up! Once I gave up on sleep around 9:00, my bad attitude and I drug ourselves out of bed. Riley and I spent the morning doing what we spend all of our free time doing....trying to make her laugh and smile. Well, no laughing sound comes out but you can tell that she wants to giggle. He was singing his rendition of Amazing Grace in his deep tenor voice and it was really doing the trick..."Hallie Grace, how sweet the sound..."
"Dad, you are silly!"

I have literally slept the whole day away. I mustered up enough energy to burn breakfast twice and figured it was best if me and my bad mood tried to get some sleep. I am sure Riley agreed. His words were, "when momma doesn't have a good day, nobody does." The couch was a popular napping spot and all my girls joined me... 
If you look closely, you will spot a cuddly little tiger


No comments:

Post a Comment