Wednesday, September 15, 2010

You know what's better than 7 hours of sleep???

8 hours of pure bliss! No dog on my legs, no midnight feeding, no lights, no tv. Just sleep. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the clock this morning and it read 6:00 a.m. She is my gold star baby! Actually as I sit and type I forgot to add in the hour that she slept on daddy's lap prior to me going to bed. So an impressive 9 hours! And she is even cuter when she sleeps all night! I love the feeling of waking up refreshed and going over to pick up my little love chunk! Lately she's been giving me this look like she is saying "well good morning mom, what's for breakfast?" My goal recently has been to get to her before the "I'm hungry" cries begin. It's like a race to see if I can get to her before the crying ensues.


Riley and I have a fairly ridiculous sense of humor at times and lately it has been at a heightened state due to the lack of sleep. The man is always making me laugh with his quirky comedy and yesterday when he walked in the door he didn't disappoint.....I had just emptied the Diaper Genie (which by the way, may very well be the best thing ever invented) and I realized we had shoved so many diapers in the bag that it should have been emptied yesterday. I'm usually right on top of things like this but the frustration from constant diaper changing two nights ago just left me not wanting to mess with it. Another reason is because it is my goal in life to get Riley to empty the Genie. It cracks me up everytime we have another lesson on how to cut the bag and tie a knot on the end to make a new one. The man can work on cars and fix just about anything around the house, but the Diaper Genie bagging system seems to stump him everytime. But the sly smile he always gives me lets me know he may just be faking. Well anyways, I had placed the lovely bag of diapers by the trash can to take it out later...it seemed to stretch on for miles! When Riley walked over to the trash can he made a dramatic stop and hollered "whoa, it's a poop snake!" I don't know why I thought it was so hilarious but it hit my laughing spot for sure. So we lovingly named it "the Poop Python."

A very toxic species found in many households around the U.S.


She has been the sweetest little love muffin today...just wants to curl up and cuddle! I figured after that full night of sleep she would be raring to go! I think her growth spurt is finally coming to an end. I can definitely tell a difference in her eating patterns last night and today. I caught her playing today and trying to squirm out of her boppy pillow..she somehow got her arms shoved underneath it and looked like an armless baby.

We go straight from squirming....

To yawning....


To sleeping.....

My sleeping bull



Hallie's Corner

It must be these long sleeves that my mommy dressed me in today but something has got me feeling all warm and cozy. I just can't keep my eyes open. Even when I wake up, I can't decide if I want to play or go back to sleep....



 
"I think I'll just sleep"

Mom had me in my stroller this morning before I could even say "pass the milk please." The sun had just come up and the big kids were waiting on the corners for the school bus. There was a crispness in the air and it felt nice. Mom put my favorite blanky on me and covered me up good! I call all of my blankies my favorite because I love them all so much I can't pick just one. My sister actually stayed out of the sticker patches this morning and she didn't terrorize any children. BUT her underbelly was covered in mud by the time we got back home. She is so silly. I think if my mom hears someone ask her "so who's walkin' who here?" one more time, she is going to leave Emmi at home. I'm sure you all have noticed my expanded vocabulary of late...well I am 7 weeks ya know, and I am maturing quite rapidly. Pretty soon I will be writing essays, learning quantum physics, solving algebraic equations and tackling America's economic problems. Now all I need is a nice looking pair of glasses to sell the intellectual look. Mom says she didn't add me to her vision insurance plan at work so these will have to do for now....
"I may need a fitting or we could just return these."








Wish me luck this week as I try to talk Riley into going to the state fair! He asked me "what is there to do there?" Besides the obvious, my answer was "people watch...oh yeah, and eat food on a stick."





No comments:

Post a Comment