Thursday, September 9, 2010

In The Dog House

Hallie scores a 2 on the HSS for last night. Or actually I guess it was based on what happened after 3:45 this morning when she woke up ready for action and just didn't go back to bed. What to do at that time of the morning when all you wanna do is pass out? Pilates. Yes. That's the answer. Last night I was attempting to put her to sleep but she was not having it, so I put her down on the couch on my pillow to grab her a blanket. I came back a minute later and she was sound asleep. I was not about to move her for two reasons: 1) she was so darn cute 2) she could have my bed for all I cared, I just wanted to sleep. So I made sure she was safe where she was situated and made my bed on the floor. BUT not before I tried out what it would be like to steal her bed for the night.....


This is not a fair trade. She only takes up one cushion back there!

Since we were up bright and early, I took her in the bedroom at the time Riley was about to wake up. I put her on the bed next to him and went into the bathroom to turn the shower on. Not a minute later she was crying, and Riley says "is this the new alarm clock?"

Hallie was exposed yesterday. Grammy Karen met the real hungry baby inside that tiny little body. I think she thought I was exagerrating about her wanting to eat constantly. Well I guess I'm no longer the "mom who cried hungry baby." Despite constantly searching for a source of food for the 3 hours that Grammy visited, she was actually a very fun and entertaining baby yesterday. We had a very lazy day. If I had one word to describe it: comfortable. Grammy Karen brought a sense of peace and refreshing spirit with her. It was nice to have someone else at the house during the day to break up the monotony. The first thing she asked me though was "why aren't you watching your stupid Housewives of New Jersey?" Well mom, unfortunately, the marathon wasn't playing yesterday. Hallie was excited to see her and definitely had saved up a few tricks to show off for her. She played on the floor and did some practice creeping. Grammy put her arm behind Hallie's feet and let her push herself forward that way. Fake creeping we will call it. It was way too cute to handle!
"Look what I can do!"


I had a bottle warm and ready for Grammy to feed to Hallie. I love watching other people feed her. She still doesn't understand why she sometimes gets a botlle and other times not. I can tell she definitely prefers the bottle because it's a lot easier for her.

"That's good stuff Grammy!"


After my mom left it was time to cook dinner. This is the part of the day that I dread because I ask myself, " what is the easiest meal to cook with one hand?" Chili it was. Perfect meal for such a rainy day.




Hallie's Corner
This rain stuff makes me tired. I spent some time in my crib yesterday and found out that's it's a pretty cool place to be. I have a cute little lamb to sleep with me in the corner, a thing that plays music and goes round and round, and it's pretty comfortable if you ask me. I guess I had better get used to it, because mom and dad will probably kick me out of their room pretty soon. I'm growing up fast ya know.




Mom called me an "oinker" today. Not sure what that means but I feel like it has to do with my eating habits. Way to ruin my body image mom! This is what I have to say to that.....


"Don't mess with me!"


My Grammy was there to defend me so it's all good. My grammy has a good heart. No really, she has a brand new heart so it has to be good. I really do love playing with her. I mean, mom is fun and all but Grammy has more experience. No offense mom. I have a feeling she was trying to keep me busy so I wouldn't fall asleep. I think her and mom ganged up on me and devised a plan to get to sleep at night. I'm onto them and their sneaky ways. I sat on her lap and made faces at mommy while I practiced my head control. I'm getting so good at it. I got to hang out on the floor for the first time. I guess I needed two "bodyguards" to fend the dogs off of me. They swarmed around me like I was a piece of bacon. They just wanted to give me kisses. Nothin' but love...but they do get annoying sometimes. Especially the big golden colored dog who breathes heavy. Her breath stinks too :) Well I really gotta go now because I need to get all of my naps in before we start our busy day! Woohoo!! My Great Aunt MaryAnn says that reading my blog is her bedtime story before she hits the sack. So I thought I would leave her with a peaceful, sleepy photo to get her ready for bed....




"Please excuse me, I have to get my beauty rest, we are taking a trip to visit my family and friends. It's gonna be a busy day."



Thank you all for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment