Saturday, September 4, 2010

It's Football Time In Oklahomaaaaaaaa

Calling all babies and canines.....IT'S BATH DAY at the Fannings! Hallie spent the morning hanging out with dad in her diaper...I just love naked little babies (in a non-Michael Jackson sort of way). Riley is still nervous about giving Hallie a bath because he says he doesn't want to get water in her eyes and ears....so we had a bath demonstration this morning...then I handed her over to dad to get dressed. Here is what he came up with....


Good Job Dad!

While they were getting pretty, I was bathing Emmi. She normally loves baths...but today something must've changed. Mid-bath, covered in soap she decided it would be a fun idea to jump over the 2 foot bath tub wall and slide around the bathroom. She made sure to get every last inch of the bathroom soaking wet! I was laughing so hard I couldn't grab her. We finally got back in the tub and rinsed off. Then it was on again......


Crazy chic

Rewind to yesterday....

Last night was a first for me since becoming a momma....I left the house to have girl's night with a few of my girlfriends. We aren't giving Hallie bottles yet so I had a limited window of time before I had to return and feed baby. Side note: one of the biggest challenges for me since Hallie was born is realizing that I may just have to be late, and everything may not work out as I plan. I LOVE TO PLAN. This is no secret to those who know me well. I actually drive most people nuts with my OCD about planning. So as usual, I had a PLAN to meet everyone at 6:30....ummm, that didn't happen. This is the Hallie time zone after all.  This little pint size baby is usually begging to eat every second of the day (she's gotta catch up to those other 40 weeks gestation babies) but not last night. Nope. She laid in my arms and looked at me with a look of complete contentment. No eating here. Finally we developed an appetite at 6:30. Looks like she had dinner plans at that time too. :) I did make it to dinner, just an hour late.

So began Dad and Hallie's evening o' fun. Eh. Not so much. I called on my way to my friend's house to check on baby and to tell Riley that I was lost. Lol. All I could hear on the other end of the phone was HORRIBLE screaming...she was crying and it broke my heart. I almost just turned around and headed back home. So far I was an hour late, I was lost, and my baby was sad. I finally found my way and had a great time with Laura, Julia, and Amanda! Then I got the call...."um babe, you probably need to head home...NOW." More screaming, more hunger. So mom headed home to find a worn out dad and a very upset baby. Needless to say, we are going to try out a bottle this weekend. I guess she thought there was a milk famine because she sure was full when she got done eating.....


"I'm stuffed"


Back to today....

We woke up refreshed and ready for a fun day! Hallie slept for five hours straight!!!!!!!! This thrills me to no end! I play this "fun" game where I look at the clock as soon as I get up to feed her and see how much sleep I'm not getting....to my surprise the entire night had passed without her waking up and I couldn't believe my eyes!



What perfect weather we had this morning! I took advantage and went for a run...felt so good to get outside and sweat a little. Riley is meeting his family in Stillwater today and excited to watch the first game of the season.  His OSU flag is proudly flying in the 1 mph breeze. I am spending the evening with my friend Laura and Hallie at home. We are watching the OU game and getting takeout! My idea of a perfect evening. You don't know what you are missing out on Grandpa Larry (he turned me down for an evening of football with all of us girls).


Hallie's Corner

I sure do love Saturdays! Extra time with my dad is great! I like to play games with him...my favorite one is when I'm hungry and I like to bite on his nose. The furry stuff on his face sure tickles me though....

 "Hey! That's not food!"



 
Mom and dad tell me I am pretty silly but I don't know what they are talking about...




Dad tried to teach me how to make a "Go Pokes" pistol with my tiny little hand. I don't have the best coordination yet but I tried....

 
 "Ok, start over. I'm not getting it"

I don't think mom liked what dad was teaching me so she tried to distract us. My dad always has my back...so he shielded me from the non-stop picture taking. I mean, I know I'm cute, but get a grip mom....



Dad dressed me this morning and I think he did a pretty good job. I wore my jeans for the first time today and that means I'm getting taller. I'll take all the inches I can get...I heard through the grapevine that my parents are short. Dad and I picked out my new pink tennis shoes to wear...thank you aunt Kyser!  


"Maybe if I stay really still, they won't notice me."


Then I capped off an awesome morning by drinking way too much...when will I learn?







"Are You My Mommy?"






We hope all of you have a wonderful and safe Labor Day weekend! Thanks for reading!






No comments:

Post a Comment