Monday, September 20, 2010

Adventures in Strolling

I am having second thoughts about these morning strolls after experiencing what happened on this morning's stroll. But first, I must share a strolling story from yesterday evening. Hallie and I were super bored in the house so we loaded up in the stroller for a walk. After 20 minutes we were getting lonely so we looped back around the neighborhood to beg dad to go with us! No begging necessary! So of course he wanted to push the stroller...I think it kinda works like driving the car...he doubts my car and stroller driving skills. So we were walking in a new area that we haven't gone before and the rode was more narrow so when Riley saw a car coming up behind us he hollered jokingly "single file line!" So I fell back behind him and the stroller and before I knew it, my face and the cup of water in my hand rammed into his back. He was so busy worrying about the car that he rammed into the curb and we had a pile up! I'll have to find a good stroller mechanic to fix the front end and the alignment. :) Hallie didn't seem to notice when the baby side airbags deployed. Maybe he was just testing the safety of the stroller. Yeah, that's it. So now back to this morning...we were out of the house pretty early and I had decided to go on a longer walk this morning since Hallie had a full belly and I figured she would last longer without getting squirmy. Well it lasted longer alright. Longer because I spent the majority of our walk disciplining an unruly terrier mix who followed us the ENTIRE time and that was followed by chasing my beloved Emmi down the street trying to catch her! This terrier mix is going to be the death of me. The owners know that their dog runs loose because I have seen then laugh from their porch as the stupid dog follows people. Well I can usually scare the dog back to his house. But not today. So after about a mile of being followed, the dog decides that Emmi and him are going to be BFFs. Emmi is fascinated by her new friend and they begin walking side by side. Ok, this will do as long as you both stay calm. I've got precious cargo in this stroller!! The good behavior didn't last long and he started running circles around us. So of course Emmi decides to chase him. I guess she has lost weight in her neck (jk) or maybe I need to get a new collar because it slipped right off.  If you know Emmi, then you are aware that she is not one of those dogs that will stay right beside you. Um, this is not good. I'm just standing there and I can't move or do anything because all I can think is "how do I go chase my dog through the grass with the stroller" and "OMG my dog is going to follow that dog into the road and die!" After just standing there frozen like an idiot, I decided on a tactic. It was a long shot...."EMMI! Want a treat??!!" And she came running from the distance right into my arms. I would have been devastated if that hadn't worked. Hallie, on the other hand, wouldn't have missed Emmi's kisses at all. ;)

G-man came to visit! Hallie got to hang out with him this afternoon. Grammy was at the hospital ALL DAY getting a heart biopsy, pulmonary function test, IV treatment, and a doctor's appointment. Whew!! Bless her heart...literally. ;) I'm glad my dad decided to spend the day waiting at my house instead of the hospital waiting room...I think he is all too familiar with that!

Hallie will be 8 weeks old tomorrow! These two months have gone by slowly and that's the way I like it!! She is getting so big and looks more and more like her dad everyday!


Helping us put away laundry

Hallie Corner

My newest and best trick is to cross my eyes. I rode most of the way in my stroller this morning with my eyes crossed. Mom just laughs at me and says "you know if you hold them like that for long, they will get stuck." I also like to fall asleep in the weirdest positions....


My G-man went out to lunch with mom and I today. I slept the whole time though...I thought I would give them a chance to talk. Boring adult conversation stuff that I didn't care about. Then we went back to my house to play but I got a tummy ache and put G-man to work. He had the bottle, binky, burp cloth, and blankie ready at his side but nothing made me happy. Mom just sat back and enjoyed the show....oh yeah, and changed diapers during intermissions. :) 





Grandpa and his ladies

I think I wore him out because he was looking pretty sleepy so mom told him to take a nap. Now mom, why would you do a thing like that?? I want to play with him...so I screamed and cried and kept him awake. Finally mom figured out what I wanted...so we went outside to play and watch the sky and the trees. Duh. And watch the sky and the trees I did. I must have been doing something funny because G-man and mom started laughing at me...something about Stevie Wonder.....


Her best Stevie Wonder impression




No comments:

Post a Comment