Thursday, September 2, 2010

Swimming in the Gene Pool

"Who does she look like?" That was the second question I asked after Hallie was born (the first being, "Is she alright?") I had spent 9 1/2 months dreaming of what our baby would look like. They brought her over to me and at first I couldn't tell but now everytime I look at her and Riley next to eachother I call her Riley's "mini me." I couldn't see even a smidge of resemblence to me until I dug up some baby photos of Riley and I. We share a nose...I'll take it. :) Riley definitely gave her that round head and her pretty smile.
                                                                                            
                        Ashley
                                


                          Riley


Today has been absolutely perfect. If someone asked me to write down a perfect day with a newborn....today it would be. :) She was the best sleeper last night. Although I will say we come up with some unconventional ways of sleeping. But hey, it's sleep and we will take it. We took a long walk this morning in the beautiful weather. Then more perfection ensued...she let me take a shower without crying, we took a 90 minute nap together, and I ate lunch in silence while she continued to sleep, finished off with lots of cuddling on the couch once she woke up! Wow, I think that is the first time I actually ate lunch without shoveling the food in as fast as possible. And considering I didn't even shower, change clothes or attempt to fix my hair yesterday, today was perfect.



Sleeping peacefully while mom makes herself presentable

We are looking forward to an evening full of football...now where is the fall weather? We are planning our own little tailgait minus the tailgait and minus being outdoors. So really I guess we are just eating football food!!




                                     Bad Dream?



Hallie's Corner
Hi family and friends. I'm having a great day so far. Mom tossed me (well, gently placed is a better way to put it) in a warm bath this morning. I love having my hair washed. Feels so good. Then we went on a nice long walk. NO dogs chased us,but we did meet a sad looking yellow lab who had hurt his leg. He didn't have a tag on so we didn't bring him along with us. I think mom wanted to rescue him but she said dad would not be happy. The leaves are starting to fall and the weather is so nice in the morning. BUT it was trash day in Mustang so we had to smell the garbage cans as we walked by. My sister Emmi is so stupid. I hear her yelp all the time during our walk because she gets in the way of my stroller about ten times every morning. She will never learn. And she gets stickers in her paws and we have to stop for her while mom helps her out. Geez, so high maintenance. I wouldn't know anything about that. :) Well, the sleep demons are coming after me. My eyes feel so heavy right now but I've got to finish my blog first. Sorry for any misspelling...I cann bareley keap mi eyes openn.



 The Many Faces of Hallie

"Whatever"

 
"Did we really have to walk the hills today mom?"

"NO way, Jake and Vienna really broke up?! I am soooo behind on my celebrity gossip."

"Hehehe...mom is going to love this surprise in my diaper"


"Here, give me that camera! Let's see how you like it!"

"This whole being a baby thing is pretty cool..."

"You have got to be kidding me! I have to wait til I'm 4 months to eat real food?!"

"Mom is going to have to change my diaper very soon....."

"Yep, time to change my diaper"

No comments:

Post a Comment