Wednesday, September 1, 2010

What Goes Down Must Come Up

Laundry day here at the Fannings. And there is plenty of it. The craziest part about it...5 loads of burp rags alone. Ok, maybe just one, BUT I went through every single one of them yesterday. And changed clothes 3 times. Hallie had 3 wardrobe changes as well. She has a pretty good aim when she spits up...yep, right down my shirt. I feel super attractive by the time Riley gets home when I'm all covered in baby perfume. Strange thing is that Riley missed out on bathing in spit up...guess she was still mad at me about the nose sucking incident yesterday...payback.

We had a peaceful evening with a peaceful baby. Riley has the funniest way of handling her when she gets extra cranky and starts screaming. When I ask why she's crying he tells me it's because she wants to go out with her boyfriend this weekend and he won't let her. I was in the kitchen two days ago eavesdropping on Riley telling a screaming Hallie, "I know you are mad but no, you cannot wear that outfit, it's too revealing." Practicing the protective dad speech early!


Love at first sight


She slept almost all evening and all night. She only woke up for two quick feedings and fell right back to sleep. That's my girl!!!

This girl is being spoiled rotten today. The only place she wants to be is wrapped in her blanket on mom's chest...and that's where she will stay. So about that laundry getting done...I guess I could finish it with one arm like the groceries.  We are dealing with a serious case of Restless Baby Syndrome.............


If anyone would like to invest in a computer that types on its own as I talk, my arm and I would thank you. I am currenly holding baby with my left arm while I use the hunt and peck method to blog. My arm has been numb for about 30 minutes now and I fear that amputation may be in my near future. She made it clear to me that holding her the traditional way was not acceptable by giving me her "warning face"...the one that says "mom, I'm about to scream so loud that the neighbors will call DHS if you don't hold me against your chest. So here we sit now...baby on chest, arm turning blue, and blog being typed slower than a three-legged turtle. I'm creating a monster. The cutest monster I have ever laid eyes on.




Hallie's Corner

Ok, so as most of you know by now, my favorite thing to do is sleep. Duh, I'm a baby. Poop, pee, eat, sleep, cry. That's my agenda. Today has been pretty great. I have tricked mommy into holding me all day!! It pays to be this cute! We didn't go for a stroll this morning because mommy said it looked like it might rain. Not sure what rain is yet, but I hear daddy talk about it every night...something about hoping it will rain because he doesn't want to water the yard. I took a nap in mom's chair with my sister today. She is ok until she starts barking!



Geez! My mommy watches the worst shows on tv...I can't wait until I am old enough to watch Elmo and Dora. Mom tells me that Saturday is the beginning of football season....and I am starting to think that mommy and daddy don't like the same football team. Unlike rain, I do know what football is....I'm from Oklahoma after all. They are pressuring me into picking a team...I guess we will have to wait and see which onesie I look more beautiful in. I am what they call a "baby divided".......


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment