Friday, September 3, 2010

Decision Time...

A research study was conducted in the Fanning house this afternoon. The study involved one subject, age 5 weeks. Female. Short stature. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Cute as a button. Reliability of this study may be lacking due to the small number of participants. The experiment was performed in a controlled environment with no outside factors influencing the results. :) Is Hallie an OU or OSU fan? Let's check out the results




Ya can't make this stuff up people. A baby wants what it wants....and clearly, she sides with momma on this one! We took a family trip last night to stock up on game gear for the beginning of the football season. I was hoping to find a onesie that was OU/OSU, split down the middle. I guess such a thing doesn't exist. Until I find one, we will just have two outfit changes on gameday! Nothing fit our little girl....the tag would say newborn on a few things...yeah, if your newborn weighs 20 lbs. Everything was huge! She will just have to wait to get her cheerleading outfits!

We finally got some good 'ol rain last night in Mustang. We dodged the nasty winds that were near us thank goodness! Riley brought the hamburgers in from the grill just in time for it to start pouring down outside. Turns out we weren't really interested in any of the college games on last night so we ended up watching the Heritage Hall v. Casady high school game to see Barry Sanders Jr. play. Pretty impressive. Hallie did what she does best...slept with Daddy in his chair on her favorite pillow.

Not an ideal night. Hallie and I partied from 3-6 a.m. Funny thing is, she had all of the fun. Squirmy wormy little baby she was. Cuddling up and sleeping beside me on my pillow always seems to put her right to sleep. I don't like to do this very often because I'm afraid I'm going to squash her.



Also not a fun morning. I woke up to find that I had to, once again, deal with my corporate HR department because they are incompetent. I didn't know it would be this difficult to add Hallie as my dependent on my insurance plan. Like an act of congress. I have been jumping through hoops since the day after she came home from the hospital. Hallie and I are tired of taking trips to Kinkos to fax them stuff over and over. I guess if they don't get her added to my insurance by the deadline, then Hallie will just have to get a job at Babies R' Us to pay her medical bills. Lol! (I have plenty of time to get her covered, I just don't like dealing with slow people). :) After returning from Kinkos and an impulsive stop for some breakfast at Braum's (which I regret now), we did manage to turn the day around with a long walk in this perfect weather. The walk HAD to be long to remove the guilt (and calories) I had from eating Braum's. Yearning to fit back into my pre-pregnancy jeans...



I think Hallie girl put on her cranky pants this morning. I changed her pants, but the crankiness still lingers. Guess it wasn't the pants.  :( She probably has a hangover from binge drinking milk early this morning for 3 hours. I told her "wait til your father gets home and hears about this." Man, we are getting these tough lessons out of the way at a very early age! Whew. Needless to say, the binky is our friend today! Thank you binky, thank you!

 

I'm watching her right now and it looks like the sleep demons have arrived and are taking her away. She is not going without putting up a good fight though...




If you listen to country music then you have probably heard the Darius Rucker song "It Won't Be Like This For Long". Riley and I were driving Hallie home from her first doctor's appointment which happened to be the morning after her first night at home (the night we met Hallie Monster). We both had a combined total of sleep of about 45 minutes and were completely and totally exhausted. Now that I think about it I wish someone had been video taping our first night with her..it would be pretty entertaining material. As we approached our house I am sure we were both thinking "which one of us gets to take a nap first while the other watches the baby?" All the baby classes in the world had not prepared us for that first night...then divine intervention happened...this song came on the radio. Riley laughed at me when I made him sit in the car and listen to the words. Maybe I am the only person who applies music to my life, but this seemed to fit like a glove. Here are the lyrics. Everytime I hear it, it puts a smile on my face and makes the hard part of caring for a baby seem not so hard and reminds me to cherish these moments.....

He didn't have to wake up

He'd been up all night

Layin’ there in bed listenin’

To his new born baby cry

He makes a pot of coffee

He splashes water on his face

His wife gives him a kiss and says

It's gonna be OK



It won’t be like this for long

One day we'll look back laughin’

At the week we brought her home

This phase is gonna fly by

So baby just hold on

‘Cause it won't be like this for long



Four years later ‘bout 4:30

She's crawling in their bed

And when he drops her off at preschool

She's clinging to his leg

The teacher peels her off of him

He says what can I do

She says now don't you worry

This’ll only last a week or two



It won’t be like this for long

One day soon you'll drop her off

And she won’t even know you're gone

This phase is gonna fly by

If you can just hold on

It won’t be like this for long



Some day soon she'll be a teenager

And at times he'll think she hates him

Then he'll walk her down the aisle

And he'll raise her veil

But right now she's up and cryin’

And the truth is that he don't mind

As he kisses her good night

And she says her prayers



He lays down there beside her

‘Til her eyes are finally closed

And just watchin’ her it breaks his heart

Cause he already knows



It won’t be like this for long

One day soon that little girl is gonna be

All grown up and gone

Yeah, this phase is gonna fly by

So, he's tryin’ to hold on


‘Cause it won’t be like this for long

It won’t be like this for long

It won’t be like this for long





Hallie and I are so excited for a 3 day weekend we get to spend with Riley! That boy works hard! Hope everyone has something fun planned for the long weekend! We have the 4 Fs planned: football, family, food, and fun. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment