Monday, September 6, 2010

Three's Company

Good news is, I finally got to sleep in the bed. Bad news is, Hallie was right there next to me. Don't get me wrong, who wouldn't want to wake up next to a smiling cuddly baby...but we decided we weren't going to start a bad habit. No wonder 12 year kids still go jump in bed with their parents to sleep. It is the easiest way I've found to put her to sleep. She's a side sleeper just like her momma.

"Hey you! Come back! Your side of the bed is getting cold!"

Hallie has had a case of the "crankies" lately. Getting her to sleep at night on weekends is like teaching Emmi not to jump on people...nearly impossible. There have been several times this weekend where Riley and I just look at each other, shrug our shoulders and laugh. The laugh doesn't always happen...it just depends on how tired we are at the time. :)

This weekend has been great so far! Recap: Saturday was relaxing and peaceful (up until 10 pm that is). We layed around the house and watched College Gameday (best show in the world) to get pumped up for a day of football viewing pleasure.

"Hey, I'll be good! Take me with you!"

Riley left around 2 oclock to head to Stillwater for the game and Hallie and I hung out around the house until Laura arrived to watch the OU game. After watching it, I really wish I would have spent the $40 pay per view charge on something useful. Lol! Hallie didn't seem interested one bit...


"What was all that talk about 'Sooner Magic'? Huh mom? I'm gonna take a nap now"

We had fun nonetheless. You can't go wrong with cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory! Yummo! Sidenote: we found it is hard to cheer for a game with a sleeping baby in the room...ask my parents, I am a fanatic, I get pretty animated, I'm rarely sitting down while watching a game, and if there is an object within reach I may throw it toward the tv at any moment. Well, I don't even think I clapped once during the game...and I sure as heck didn't move from my chair unless I was changing a diaper. I need my football "mojo" back!



We said bye to Laura around 10:00 and that is when the crankiness began... and didn't end until after midnight when Riley got home. Roles reversed...Friday night he was calling me begging for help, and here I was calling him every 10 minutes to get an update of his whereabouts! Riley decided to stay up to put baby to sleep while I got some shut-eye...but then he found "a good John Wayne movie" on TV and stayed up til 3 oclock. I had to remind him of the #1 rule: when the baby sleeps, you sleep. I assume that the "good John Wayne movie" put her sleep in less than 5 minutes.

Sunday morning was a blur. Lots to do and little time to do it! We had plans to leave for Woodward by 1 oclock. I was thinking "ah, piece of cake, that's plenty of time." Not so much. I snuck out of bed and took a mental snapshot of how cute Hallie and Riley looked lying next to eachother, then quickly threw on my running gear and headed out the door before she could wake up. She was waiting on breakfast when I returned. She soaked in the tub and then took a trip to the salon (changing table) to get beautified. She had to look extra pretty for a busy day of meeting Riley's family...


"Dad, does this make me look fat?"
"Mom, this does not flatter my mid-section!"

Next, we forged into uncharted territory. Bottle feeding. One bottle coming right up! I was afraid she wasn't going to like it or even worse, refuse it. But she LOVED it! It was sad in a way because I do love the bonding time I get with her while feeding, but I loved watching her and Riley dine together! :) I just sat and stared with a permanent smile on my face. 

"Hey mom, Dad's way is much easier for me! Oh my, I think I could get used to this"

We ran around like crazy people packing for Hallie, feeding, screaming (the baby, that is), feeding some more, getting dressed, getting lunch, rocking baby, feeding, entertaining baby...all the while still in my running clothes and smelling like sweat. Hmmm, I guess I better get ready too. 3 people dressed and ready...time to load up in the car. I never thought taking a small day trip would be such a production. Man, I am going to have to learn better "baby" time management. The car ride went perfectly. She got hungry about an hour into the trip so we had a bottle waiting for her. She slept 95% of the trip to Woodward!

Welcome to Woodward Hallie! This was her first trip to Nanny's house. Kathy had invited Bill's side of the family over for a Labor Day cookout to meet Hallie and celebrate Grandma Ida's bday! We were greeted by an anxious aunt Kylie and grandparents when we arrived. Riley disappeared into the garage to check out manly things and I got to see the beautiful pond that Kathy had been working on the past month. It looked gorgeous! But I think she may be the first to fall in...


5 Minute date? Yes, please! We will take it!! Before everyone arrived for dinner, we decided to take a cruise. It was the first time we had been alone, away from Hallie since she was born. Top down, hurricane force winds in our hair...so romantic. Lol!




Hallie met Uncle Luke, Great Uncle Tom, Great Aunt Michelle, Great Aunt Christy, and second cousins Sarah, Susie, Carson, Emily, Jake, and Lane. And can't forget cute little third cousin Bowen. Hallie melted right into Michelle's arms...Hallie was staring at her so longlingly I thought maybe she wanted to go home with Michelle and never come back....that was until she spit up on Michelle...twice...




Wardrobe change after using Michelle's shirt as a burp rag....

 "Check out my mini skirt!"

Aunt Katie got to give Hallie lots of lovin'...


And so did Nanny and Great Grandma Ida...


Happy "4th" birthday! Four candles on Ida's cake.....


We had a great first trip to Nanny's house....



Uncle Luke and Aunt Katie

Aunt Kylie and Bret

Uncle Luke

"Are you serious?? I slept the whole way home??"

Fast forward to Labor Day...

I am beginning to wonder if Riley is alive in there. He is still sleeping and it's almost 10:00. So not fair. :) Come to think of it...everyone in this house is sleeping right now except me. It's only a matter of time though. Lol. Emmi is in her window sill, Lucy is on the cold tile, Riley is in bed, and Hallie is sleeping peacefully in her boppy. My goals today: #1 take a nap, #2 teach Riley how to say "boppy". The boppy is that pink flowered U-shaped pillow that you see her propped up on in a lot of her photos on here. So far Riley has called in a "baducka" and a "bedazzler"....

Enjoy your day home from work...and if you do have to work...don't hit me, I'm sorry.  

No comments:

Post a Comment