Friday, September 10, 2010

To Grammy's House We Go

What a big day! We took a trip to the big town of Enid after getting an early start to the day. We had to make a stop by Jamba Juice on our way out of town to get the day started off right! I found out that Hallie does not like stop lights. She slept well the whole trip but each time we would stop at a light, she would immediately wake up and threaten to cry. And the light would turn green and she was gone again. I think I'll take the interstate home from now on to avoid all stop lights and stop signs! :) Our first stop was to see my mom at her office so her work friends could meet the baby. Next it was Aunt Bailey time. She cracks me up with the baby....always thinking she is going to hurt her. The second Hallie makes a face that looks like the she might cry, Bailey is saying "no baby, no, don't cry." I told her not to take it personally. :) Hallie loves her!


Next it was lunch time with my aunt Alta. She got to cuddle with Hallie until I told her she had to eat her food at some point, and I fed Hallie. We went across the street to visit my friend Raelynn at work, and finally to see my aunt Lana. I don't think she knew we were coming by that particular day and was excited to see Hallie. Grammy, Aunt Lana and I just spent some time chatting. I just feel so thankful for such a loving and supportive family! Hallie and I appreciate each and every one of you!


Great Aunt Lana

Great Aunt Alta

The world almost came to an end yesterday. My camera was out of commission for a span of 30 minutes. I felt lost in the world and almost broke out in hives. Kidding, but I did almost have a panic attack when it wasn't taking photos. I guess in the fun of getting everything in and out of the car a million times yesterday, I hit a switch I shouldn't have. After throwing quite a fit, it finally started working again after I messed with all of the switches. Everyone had a good time making fun of me saying "well see, you have taken too many photos" and "oh my goodness, how are you going to survive without the camera?" Within minutes I had already secured another camera to use temporarily. Overreaction? Nah. My camera is me. I've got to have some way to keep up with this girl who is growing like crazy...


"Seriously, mom? I wish your camera would really break"

"Can I get some privacy here?"

Grandpa, please tell her to stop!"

Hallie was such a good girl with everyone! She showed off all of her new tricks. She even rediscovered her thumb while gnawing on her hand...


"This will do for now."



Hallie's Corner

May I just say that I am one exhausted baby. I think I met the whole town of Enid yesterday. It was my first trip to Grammy and G-man's house. I slept the whole way to Enid and we made our first stop at my Grammy's office to meet her work friends. They loved me and took turns holding me. My mom had dressed me in my pink tennis shoes and had a bow on my head (of course) but I decided to kick them off and took my headband off. Then I got to cuddle with my Aunt Bailey and she fed me a little bit of lunch. Next we went to lunch with my Great Aunt Alta, then to visit my mom's friend, and finally to see my Great Aunt Lana. Whew. And we weren't done yet. I took a few naps in the car to regain my energy. I got to meet a doggy even crazier than my sister dog. This dog's name was Lizzy and she has quite the reputation for being a meany...but she LOVED me! Guess I have that affect on humans and dogs.

"Haha! That tickles!"

I relaxed at Grammy's house for the rest of the afternoon and evening. I got to play with my G-man, Grammy, Aunt Bailey, Great Aunt Alta, Aunt Heather, Great Uncle David, Great Aunt Lisa, and cousin Dara. There is never a dull moment when you get this group of people in a room together. I am glad my Aunt Heather has good taste in baby fashion, because she got me more cute clothes! Thanks Aunt Heather. My Uncle David nicknamed me "Hallie Cat". I kinda like it. My Aunt Lisa secretly wishes that I will be a red head soon!

David, Lisa & Dara


Aunt Heather




My G-man is a silly guy. Sounds like a pretty tough name for such a softy if you ask me though. I sure do have him wrapped around my finger! Here is just a lil bit of proof. He was trying to help me with my hiccups...


BOO!




After a long day that started way too early, the drive back home was nothing to be desired. We made sure she ate right before we got in the car so she would have a full belly. Well, not that her belly is ever really full, BUT it was an attempt. So recall above where I mentioned her hatred for stoplights. Well, Kingfisher was the last stoplight she was going to tolerate. We screamed the entire way home from that point on as she ate her hand off. Poor baby. I felt so helpless! I called Riley to activate the troops, and he had his feeding station all ready for a very hungry child when we pulled up. Dad had been missing us! After all of the excitement of the day and the crying on the way home, she was so easy to put to sleep. I didn't even have to try. I stayed away from making a prediction of how the night would go because it never turns out that way. So I went in with no expectations. I woke up around 1:15 out of a dead sleep and thought "ugh" as I looked over at the clock. I glanced over at Hallie and she was dreaming away. So why the heck did I wake up?? Oh yeah, it's that dog whining in the background. Oh yay, now she's barking. Completely confused as to why Emmi was throwing such a fit, I went into the office where her cage is and threatened her. She must not have cared at all because I didn't even make it back to the couch and she was barking even louder. I didn't want to wake the baby because I still had a feeling she was going to make it all night...so I went and let the crazy girl out of her cage. She took out of there like there was a pack of wild dogs in there chasing after her. I figured she just wanted to potty so we went outside as quietly as possible. No, she didn't want that. So we went back inside and she dashed past me and jumped up to give Hallie a kiss. Not the time Emmi, not the time. Luckily, baby was sleeping solid and didn't move a muscle. Thank goodness. I forced her to lay down after giving her a good talkin' to. What a weirdo. Hallie ended up scoring a 7. Good girl!!! She was all business the two times she woke up to eat. When Riley was headed out the door he noticed Emmi was hogging the couch and asked me "are you aware that there has been a puggle escape overnight." Yes, very aware. So when I sleepily staggered over to Hallie's swing to feed her this morning and she was waiting for me with a huge smile on her face, I quickly forgot about everything except that precious little girl waiting for her momma!  



Enjoy your Friday night everyone! We are planning on an evening of fun, but knowing us we will probably end up nixing those plans and settling for an evening of staying in, getting pizza, and watching a movie.












  

No comments:

Post a Comment