Monday, September 13, 2010

Sleep is so last night....


Perfect 10!!! Our darling little baby finally did it! She slept the whole night long!!!!!!!!!!! Sweet dreams for Hallie! It didn't start out well when I put her down after drinking what seemed like 20 oz of milk and then she immdediately woke up before I could even get situated on the couch. I thought "wow, that was a new record, she slept for a whole 7 minutes." So she ate even more and passed out in my arms. I didn't hear a peep until 6:30 this morning when I had to get up. I had to wake her up?? Crazy! Who knows how long she would have slept. Hopefully this trend continues...I know it will probably be up and down but we are so thankful for 3 good nights in a row. Our walk this morning seemed so refreshing after getting some rest....3/4 of the time it feels like a chore that has to get checked off a list so I can fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans (and by "fit" I mean fit well...I can fit but it's not always pretty.) She was an angel while I got ready at lightning speed so we could go run some errands. She loves the sound of my blowdryer...I just park her stroller in the bathroom and she stays in it while I get ready. Just pop that binky in and turn the blowdryer on and we have one happy baby. :) Had an interesting experience at the pharmacy this morning while we were running errands. I returned to pick up my new prescription, got out to the car and realized that it was in a strange container. So I opened up the bag and pulled out a box that was nowhere near the prescription I needed....pretty sure I don't have a fungal infection anywhere. Thanks doc! She wrote the wrong script and I didn't catch it. So I returned to tell them I didn't need fungal cream and they looked at me like I was crazy. Guess I'm the only person out there with an doc who prescribes the wrong med. You all are probably wondering why I would trust this doctor...well she prints scripts from the computer and both medications started with an "M" so I guess she just made the wrong click. Still don't have the right prescription but good news is, my fungal infection is under control! :)

We had a VERY lazy Sunday yesterday. Not a common occurence at the Fanning's. Sunday is Riley's yardwork day but I think he liked hanging out with the girls inside because of the rain. Hallie spent the afternoon grazing and sleeping. We took a family outting to Walmart (Riley's least favorite place in the world). Two baskets went in two different directions and dad won the battle over who got to take baby along. He also won the battle over where to sit the carseat. He thought she would be a lot safer if he just placed the carseat down in the basket part as if she were one of his shopping items. I showed him how nicely she would fit up on the front of the shopping cart, but he thought it looked unsafe. I am not sure if he is going to let her out of the house to play when she gets older....and if she does get to, Riley will have her covered in knee and elbow pads with a football helmet on for protection. He sure loves his little girl! We spent the rest of the day watching football and grilling out. Oh and I finally found out what Riley means by "a good John Wayne movie." He likes to make fun of the acting and the outrageously overacted scenes. So I joined in and found out, yes, a John Wayne movie is good...if the purpose in watching is to laugh at the horrible acting. Sorry G-man, I know these movies are your favorite. Since I watched an old western with Riley, I had to subject him to a little pop culture so we watched part of the MTV Video Music Awards. He makes fun of my obsession with celebrity gossip. So during the show he kept asking "who is that?" and "what's that rapper's name?" And for once, I didn't have an answer. I said "whoa, I am such a loser." Riley responded with, "um, no, you are a GROWN UP!"  Touche` my good man, touche`.

She just gets cuter by the day! She has discovered more uses for those busy hands...she is pushing her bottle and her binky out of the mouth and is grabbing onto our clothes like she is hanging on! I had to pry her little hand from my shirt yesterday to put her on the changing table. She just didn't want to let go I guess. :) Still no big, meaningful smile yet, but I'm getting pretty excited for it to happen. Just your average "I am pooping" smile. Every now and then when I catch one I trick myself into thinking she knows what she's doing but I think we have a couple weeks to go before that happens! Heck...real smiles, fake smiles...they both make us so happy so it really doesn't matter. She is definitely filling out...we have little leg rolls and chubby cheeks to play with now. Riley says she is storing extra milk in her cheeks to snack on since she is always hungry! In the words of the great Sir Mix-a-lot..."Baby got back."


Chubby baby power!

Hallie's Corner

Man I feel like a spring chicken today! I got so much sleep last night! I even slept in complete darkness and I didn't scream when mom turned the TV off. I guess it's time to grow up and stop being afraid of the dark.I know my mommy's right there to save me if the monsters come to get me.  I did like staying up late to watch Project Runway and Keeping Up With the Kardashians but I'll just have to catch up on my shows during the day. I've been thinking lately about what I want to be when I grow up...it's never too early to start planning for my future. What I've come up with so far is a Major League Eater or a basketball player in the WNBA. I may be vertically challenged but everyone says my fingers are super long and mom says I have a good grip so my ball handling skills could be pretty legit. But the hotdog eating contest looks like fun and everyone knows I am awesome at eating! Just some thoughts. I haven't discussed it with mom and dad yet so let's keep this between you and I. They still like to think of me as their little girl.

"Look out Kobayashi! There's a new eater in town."

No comments:

Post a Comment