Tuesday, August 31, 2010

She Gets It From Her Daddy

Don't let her petite body fool you...this chick can snore like a freight train. The only differences between Riley and Hallie snoring are about 100 decibels and that I don't feel the need to kick her or elbow her in the back when she snores. Her snores are cute and intermittent...dad's snores are not so cute and constant. Lol! She has a little bit of congestion at night which the doc says is normal. He told me not to use that bulb sucker thingamajig to clear out her little nose...but I had to this morning. I think she forgot that she could breathe through her mouth and panicked when she had trouble through her nose. Mommy to the rescue....OR NOT. She hated me after I stuck the thingamajig up her nose. Attack of the paranoid mommy Part I.

Please Mom! No!!

Last night was just like any other typical night at the Fanning house. Riley and Hallie in the chair. Riley pretending that he doesn't want to watch the Bachelor Pad and keeping in on that channel just for me. Me running around like crazy trying to get things done that I can't do with a baby in one arm. :) But there was one thing that changed.....we got to eat a whole meal TOGETHER without passing a screaming Hallie back and forth. It was nothing short of romantic...lol! Usually we eat in shifts!



She is taking her first nap in her big girl crib as I type. She has either been sleeping in her bassinet that great grandma got her or on her favorite lamb pillow that great uncle Johnny picked out for her. At night I lay the pillow on the ottoman and I sleep next to her on the couch. It's definitely no Sleep Number bed, but I'll take it if I can get sleep. :) And yes, I am in denial that I haven't got to sleep in my own bed for 5 weeks. While I'm still not working it doesn't seem so bad, but we will have to put an end to this when I join the working world again. The reason she "enjoys" the living room so much is because mom gives in and turns the light dimmers on so it's not too dark...oh yeah and the television so it's not too quiet. So peaceful. I am digging myself a big hole, aren't I? Well I think she enjoyed all of the room in her crib.....


Before nap



After nap


Anyways, I was loving that we got all of our errands done this morning so we could enjoy the dark, stormy weather outside by cuddling together inside. So I wrapped her up in her favorite blanket and she fell asleep right away in my arms. Precious thing happened...I love talking to her when she's sleeping so peacefully and today I got an unexpected response when I said "Mommy loves you." She gave me the sweetest smile in her sleep and my heart melted right then and there. :)





Hallie's Corner

I woke up super early today! Even before dad gets out of bed! Mom didn't seem too excited to get up at 4. Hmm. I thought mommy and I should get a head start on the day. I took a bath and put on my pretty dress. That's two dresses that fit now! My wardrobe is growing along with me! We packed up in the car and the country music put me right to sleep. I sure like that Jason Aldean. :) I got to meet mom's work friends and see the therapy gym from outside of mom's belly! The biggest difference was that mom's belly was warm and that gym was freezing! I was not happy! But I did get to hang out with the girls while mom did important mommy things at work. After we left there we went to pick up my birth announcements. They turned out pretty good if you ask me! When we got home I took a nap in my big crib. Once I realized how much room I had to stretch out, I definitely took advantage of it. I think I like thunderstorms because I took an extra long nap! You can thank me later, mom. Now I'm awake and ready to celebrate my 5 week birthday! Can't wait for dad to get home!



"5 weeks? Really? I feel like I slept through it all..."




HAPPY 5 WEEK BIRTHDAY BABY GIRL!!!!! She is going to celebrate with a nice, big drink of milk....


No comments:

Post a Comment