Friday, August 27, 2010

My Pilot Blog

I feel like the last person on the planet who has a new baby without a blog. Apparently they go hand in hand. So here is my blog. Riley even suggested it...considering that he thinks I spend 3/4 of my life behind the computer wasting time, I jumped right on it. I feel like it's important to do this for several reasons: 1) I am not good at keeping a journal so this is a faster way to document my baby girl's every move, every "first", and give her something to read when she gets older 2) Grammy, Nanny and the rest of our family need a way to keep up with "their baby" from day to day and watch how she grows 3) I love to write 4) I need something to keep me busy during the day when Hallie is sleeping. Speaking of sleeping...it isn't happening today nor did it last night. Miss H was ready to party around midnight! As I type this, she is lounging in her Boppy beside me with a look of contentment...good, this may mean sleep is on the horizon. :) Our girl is one month old today! Everyone says that "time flies" and "babies grow so fast". Well I feel like this wonderful month I have spent at home has lasted a long while and my baby is still wearing her premie outfits...so I would challenge the above two statements. I am sure Grammy and Nanny would disagree that she hasn't grown. :) But the poor little girl can't help it that her parents are shorties! I would think she would be weighing in at 10 lbs by now based on the amount that she eats.





One month of maternity leave down, two more to go. I decided after one week of being at home that I didn't wan't to go back to work. If only virtual or online therapy existed. :) They have robots doing surgery these days, surely I could treat someone's hip over the computer. Lol! I am quickly running out of things to do at home though. I have stooped so low as to watch daily marathons of Housewives of NJ, NY, DC, and the OC. My brain is rotting away as a result. Hallie, Emmi and I go on a walk each morning. Then I go for a run when Riley gets home...gotta lose this baby weight! Easier said than done at this point. We spend most days just cuddling on the couch or rocking outside on the back porch. Naps are a must! She loves napping on my chest and holding onto my finger. My favorite part of the day! Hallie's favorite part of the day is relaxing with dad when he gets home from work........





Hallie visited Mandy (our favorite photographer) to have her pictures taken at 12 days old. She was the perfect little girl and slept through the whole thing. I did have my first "OMG moment" as a mom at the end of the session....we had taken her diaper off for the last pose and all of a sudden we heard some rumbling. Yep, she pooped on Mandy's blanket. Oops! Here is our favorite shot from her first "photo shoot" :)



Hallie's Corner: My little quirks
  • I will only sleep in my swing, on mom's chest or on my lamb pillow
  • I start crying before I have a wet diaper to prepare my mom so she can start making her way to the changing table so that I will have to spend the least amount of time with a wet diaper on :)
  • I discovered my thumb but I prefer to suck on my whole fist
  • I love to headbutt my mom while I am eating...it is pretty entertaining
  • I smile if you rub the edge of my cheek
  • I love being outdoors and music...easy ways to calm me down
  • I burp and fart like a man :)
  • I love to practice holding my head up and I'm getting pretty good at it
  • I hate to have my clothes changed
  • I LOVE BATHS...I just don't like the part afterwards where mom takes me out of the warm water and makes me get dressed
  • I love to have my hair brushed
  • I snore at night :0


Hallie has been the biggest blessing to both of us and we can't even remember what life was like without her! How could this little girl not make each day perfect??!




No comments:

Post a Comment