Sunday, July 10, 2011

Million Dollar Smile

That jingle from the movie "Grease" came to my mind as I sat down to type today. Ya know the scene where they are having the sleepover and the one with the pigtails and the squeaky high-pitched voice starts singing...

 "Brusha, brusha brusha

Get the new Ipana

With the brand new flavor

It's dandy for your teeth!"


If only teeth brushing could be that much fun!



Hallie, meet toothbrush/toothpaste.

Toothbrush/toothpaste, meet Hallie.

It's time.

Since her last dr. visit with McDreamy, I have been paranoid about her lil teeth. Are they going to rot if we don't brush them after she finishes each bottle? Will she like to brush her teeth or be like a lot of kids who have to be strapped down and bribed to clean their teeth? We had attempted a few times to give her gums and teeth a good scrub. Problem is that you can't see a darn thing when she clamps her mouth shut. From that point you can either continue brushing and prying her mouth open or you can give her a hug and a kiss and be glad if you got one tooth grazed with the brush before she gets cranky. We usually do the latter. :)

This morning was the beginning of our new teeth brushing routine...or what I hope will be a routine (wish me luck that I can be tough and not give up after two days). I picked up some fluoride-free toothpaste in case she swallows a bit. The hygienist tells me that a bit of paste with fluoride would be okay for her to swallow but again I'm paranoid about that. Now I'm confused though.....babies need some fluoride for the health of their teeth, but yet they can't swallow the fluoride. Something please enlighten me!

Fluoride schmouride.....she just wanted to chew on that colorful green stick thingy.....

"Let me see that"

"Should I get the back ones too mom?"

Before long she was "brushing" everywhere....

Blurry because she's brushing so good

Even the floor got a nice cleaning after she was done sweeping over her teeth. How nice of her! So I would give our first real toothbrush experience a solid 7/10. No screaming and no gagging. SCORE! Gotta keep those pearly whites nice and shiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment