Sunday, July 24, 2011

Hallie gets christened

Not only was this a busy weekend, but it was a VERY important weekend in Hallie's life. Our family joined us at church today to watch Hallie's christening. Riley and I already knew how blessed we are with an incredibly supportive and loving family....but we were taken aback when we turned around to see the four rows of family and friends there to support Hallie and us as her parents as we make our commitment to raise her in a Christian home. It's no secret that Hallie's life is full of family and love.....today made that evident. We can't thank you all enough for the love you have shown us. Much love from us....


 I woke up Sunday with a sense of fear...fear of the unknown. Was my child going to scream on stage or was she going to be giggly and happy? I can't very well give the juicy details away now...you will just have to keep reading to find out. So this fear disappeared when I went to grab a very happy baby from her bed. We were up early so we thought we'd take a load of party stuff to the hotel. We met up with Dara and Aunt B to set up a little more for the party. Hallie was in heaven waddling through her party room taking in all of the colors. All of my fear of the crankiness on stage went away as she was speed waddling with her t-rex arms and hollering out squeals of joy. Happy baby! Yes!

"This is so cool!"

We rushed around getting everyone ready and out the door we went....running a lil late as usual. After Sunday school we put Hallie's christening dress on. I almost started crying when we finally put the finishing touch on her outfit....P.R.E.C.I.O.U.S. I have been so anxious to put her in the pretty white cotton gown. After she was dressed and ready Riley started walking toward service. I asked where he was going and he said "she's getting baptized today so she needs to be a big girl and sit in church." Hmmmm. I had my doubts but followed him laughing all the way. I will give her props though because she lasted a solid twenty minutes. She loves staring up at the screen, chewing on her bow and bouncing from lap to lap. She had plenty of laps to jump back and forth to. :) After the singing ended she lost interest and started to get fussy but thankfully quieted down. It was time for children's moment so Hallie thought she'd give it a try. I think my heart broke just a lil as I watched my baby girl waddle up to the front and crawl up the steps to sit next to another girl. So precious.....

Wrong way girl

"I'm comin'"

Hallie lasted about thirty seconds listening to Kris read a story. She started her story and Hallie let out a big wail. Mmmkay, this ain't gonna work. Nanny grabbed Hallie and they spent the rest of service in the entry way until it was time for her to make her way up front again. I grabbed a seemingly content baby and the family headed up on stage. Hallie seemed very interested in getting her hands on the bowl of water that pastor Charlie was holding......


What a special moment to share with family...


As pastor Charlie began reading to us our promise, Hallie began to show her distaste for being held. To avoid any more screaming I handed her over to her dad. That didn't seem to help. She ripped her bow off, threw it on the ground and let out a scream. Oh what joy. She was ready though when it was time to be sprinkled.....


I can't tell you the bad without sharing the good. She did break out in a few big smiles and giggles. She even started clapping for herself at one point!

Some others came up to transfer membership to join the church (including me) and Hallie decided she had other plans during the prayer. Such a proud mom right at this moment (not the least bit of sarcasm in this statement)

"Isn't it lunch time mom?"

And this continued into the final song....

"Mom, you know I'm too cute to get in trouble."

Did someone say naptime?? Anyone, anyone? It was certainly that time. But you wouldn't have been able to tell by the look on her face....

Happy, blessed baby






Of course I insisted we squeeze together for a group picture (blurry, but I love it still).....


The caravan followed me over to Nanny and Papa's house after service. Nanny was so generous and hosted a lunch for everyone. She had a house full!


Nanny, Papa and Aunt Kylie decorated for princess Hallie's lunch.....




Lunch was delicious as always and I loved having both families together at once. What a way to celebrate! This is yet another reason I write this blog for my girl....so she can look back and be able to literally see how much she was and is loved. :)



"And this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also----not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a good conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ---" 1 Peter 3:21

No comments:

Post a Comment