Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Very Precarious Breakfast

This morning brought about a very unexpected combo of dining and acrobatics. In the end it seems that these two could quite possibly go hand in hand and make for some great fun.......if you're a baby. Eating oatmeal never looked so dangerous....

"I digest better in standing"

Ok, I have a confession. She made it look so fun with all of the giggling and such that I just had to try it out too.....

"Is it working for you too mama?"

No trick is too big, no stunt off limits. She. Is. Fearless. Hence her desire to dine from the top of the high chair. I think it's time to employ the use of that seatbelt....

"This is how the Chinese culture eats I think."

"No swimming today?!? Ok, I'll sit back down..."

"Is this better?"

Just when I thought she had had enough danger she popped up to standing and threw her arms over onto the counter to grab a bowl.....

Really? Seriously??

Ok, pushover mom is finally drawing the line there! No more crawling, climbing, dancing standing up in the highchair. We've entered Seatbelt City!

After we cleaned up and headed into the living room I discovered something interesting. Hallie doesn't seek danger, it must follow her......
There's something behind you

Killed him with her "bear" hands

Poor bear never stood a chance against that 20 lb baby :(

Chair dancing, fighting bears and taking names....it's all in a morning's work. Oh yeah, and we can't forget this move......

"Let's see, how can I make playing more dangerous?"

And for her grand finale she did something that I don't have proof of....well, except for her ingenius setup....



From the looks of her rigged up plan, it appears that the schoolbus underneath the chair gave her just enough lift to attempt climbing up closer to the tv. Just one more reason we've got to get out of this place and get real furniture to hold the tv where she can't get to it....her danger level would drop tremendously I do believe. For now, we will wrap her in bubble wrap and follow her around with a cushion.....

I better go, she just suggested knife juggling....

No comments:

Post a Comment