Saturday, December 31, 2011

Our New Home: An Outdoor Tour

Well I've given a tour of the inside minus the bedrooms so I thought it was time to show you a view from the outside. There is a lot of work to be done to make it ours but most of that will be saved for spring time. We have a lot of wants and big plans for the outside but I'll share that as I take you on the tour. Here we go......

Welcome to our home.....


This is a sideview of the front. Lots of bushes and river rock to figure out a plan for....


Here's a view from the end of our driveway looking to the street.....


An opposite view: looking down the driveway on the west side of the house from the street....


The concrete wall runs all the way down the side of the driveway....


This is a view of the end of the driveway. We will call this Riley's future man cave. He has big plans to build a shop someday right in this spot.....


The driveway curves around to the garage on the side of the house....


Here's a picture of my favorite aspect of the house. The grilling patio.....


Right now it is empty and overgrown with greenery and weeds. That will all change in the spring!


Here's the side entrance to the house from the patio. This goes into the kitchen so my grillin' man is excited about having easy access....


This picture is just for the sake of showing all sides of the house. This is the east side. Nothing going on here. Boring....


And now for the backyard. This is a view of the end of the driveway from the backyard....


A view from inside looking out....


I love these three little trees with the bird bath in the middle....


The left side of the patio....


The middle....


And the right side....


The backyard needs the most work (well besides the awful master bathroom, which I won't be showing you for quite awhile). Lots of holes to be filled (thanks to the previous owners dogs), lots of shrubs and bushes to be ripped out, bricking the pillars (which their dogs so graciously chewed through), planting new grass and installing a new outdoor fan. The entire house and garage door will get a face lift with a new coat of paint (we aren't big fans of the peachiness of the paint now) and we will be searching for several sets of patio furniture for the front, side and back porches. Yowza!! The front porch (which I didn't take a picture of) has lots of space for something pretty....I'm just not sure what yet. Stay tuned for many more house updates...hopefully I'll be showing you the finished product by the end of the summer!

What's going on on the inside of Casa de Fanning? A lot of boxes remain piled in the garage but I'll trying my darndest to make a dent. The living room, dining room, breakfast room and kitchen are completely decorated for the most part. We still need to get the tv mounted and the tiler is coming next week to put the tile on the fireplace front. We picked out a sectional who has made itself at home in our living room. I've gotta say that we are already quite fond of our buddy the couch. Rugs, pillows, side tables, lamps  and a coffee table are in my sights and when that is all done I will show you the finished product. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment