Sunday, December 25, 2011

PINK or BLUE?? What will it be for Kyser-McGee????

Friday night was a special night. Not only did I get to see my best friend Ashley for the first time since this summer, but I also got to be a part of her big surprise gender reveal. Ya see, the last time us girls were together she was actually pregnant but didn't know it at the time. If anyone deserves to be blessed with a sweet little baby it is my dear friend. She is going to be an amazing mother. In fact we lovingly referred to her as "Momma K" in high school. The mothering instinct just comes naturally to her. I haven't seen her in person since she found out that her and Jeff were expecting, so Facebook has tided me over this long but it was high time I get to see that baby bump. She is now at 21 weeks and has been holding in the secret for nearly two weeks since they had their last ultrasound. How she kept it in that long I'll never know!

I've seen pictures from plenty of gender reveal parties but have never been to one. They've always intrigued me and I wouldn't have missed this one for the world. Not only was anticipation ramped up, but so was everyone's appetite. Ashley's mom, Pam, had prepared a ton of delicious food for everyone. And we can't forget the main dish of the party. The revealing cake pops of course.......


Hallie and I were partners in pink since we were hoping for a best friend/playmate for her. Someone needs to carry on the tradition after all. Ashley and I grew up best friends. Ashley's sister and my sister grew up best friends. However, Ashley was dressed in blue as well as her hubby so Hallie and I were convinced at that point that she was about to gain a new boyfriend instead of best friend.  

 
"As long as he can support my toy habit I'm okay with a new boyfriend."

Little Miss was not feeling at her best during the party, or all day for that matter. There were a couple other kiddos to play with at the party and she didn't show any interest in playing with them. Instead she preferred to be held. Just look at this face :(.....


The proud soon-to-be parents and I

The excited family...do ya think baby McGee might be a red head???

It was finally time!!!!!!!! Everyone rushed over to pick their cake pop of choice. Hal and I made sure to snag two pink pops and waited patiently (or not so patiently) for Ashley to give us the go ahead. 



We took a group picture before everyone bit into their treats and silly Hal had already taken a big bite into hers as you can see in the picture below. Lol!  I refused to spoil the surprise by looking at her half-eaten cake pop. If you look close you can see Hal staring at the inside of her treat while everyone else waits...


It was time to bite in and I surprised myself when I squealed with excitement at the sight of pink cake!! Ashley's little nephew Hayden wasn't sharing in the excitement. Poor guy took off running and hid because he had his heart set on a boy cousin.

"So this means I have a new best friend?? I don't get it mom"

Excuse the hot-messness that is my daughter in these pictures. Her nose was running like a faucet and she was exhausted. But it didn't stop her from stealing a few more treats....

"I'm not gonna lie mom, I feel like poo poo"

Ashley and Jeff also shared the name they'd chosen for their baby girl....Adalyn Kyser McGee. What a beautiful name!


"I still don't get it..."

Where's the proof that it's a little lady??? Ashley whipped out her ultrasound pictures to show us....


We're keepin' it PINK!!!
No boys allowed ;)

Aunt Heather was rounding out the red-headed gang of girls that night. I mentioned that I would soon be even more outnumbered when Adalyn enters this world with a head of red hair like my two best friends and oh yeah, that crazy girl named Hallie Grace. ;)


You can't have a party without gifts! Thanks to Adalyn's aunt Heather, she already has a gorgeous diaper bag for her goodies. Well maybe this one's less for Adalyn and more for her mommy. What a great gift!

Lookin' good!

Is it strange that I'm just as excited for my best friend to have a baby as I was to have a baby of my own?? I can already picture it now...shopping trips, pedicures, lunch dates and sleepover trips with our girls. They may live in another state but that won't keep us from forming a bond between our daughters. It was written in the stars. ;) We love you Momma K and baby Adalyn!

No comments:

Post a Comment