Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmasy Cousins

We began a brand new tradition Sunday night. A very cute one I might add. Ya see, Katie and Nanny picked out some festive outfits for the baby girls. We have been thinking about getting them together for a Christmas photo shoot for a couple weeks now. Tonight we made it happen. Well, kind of. The girls didn't seem to share in our excitement. Not that we expected a four month old and a 16 month old to be on the same page. Carmen had the smile bug tonight thanks to some silly noises from her mommy. Hallie, on the other hand, was not going to give me a smile for nothin'. She was a tough audience that Hal. We ended up with some funny, cute and just downright chaotic shots. All perfect through our mommy eyes.

In the beginning.......

"Yo Carm, they want us to look at the camera"

Hallie Grace was not a fan of her Santa hat, unlike her mommy, but was a semi- good sport for a few pictures by the tree by herself while Carmen had a snack....

The serious face

The annoyed face

The distracted face

Carmen was done with her snack and it was time for a cousin moment. The amount of captions I have for this next photo are endless......

"I don't think I can take much more of this Hallie!"
"Get used to it Carmen. It gets worse."

Even with some tickling and silly noises I still couldn't get her to muster a smile for a picture with dear ol mama....

Can you guess which of the two little ladies was happier to be taking pictures???

Yep, you guessed it.

Content would be a better word for it I guess. While Carmen just laid back and chilled, Hallie had more important things to do I guess. It left Carmen and I wondering the same thing....

"Does that girl ever listen to you??"

More important things like remove the baby jesus from the manger scene.....
"Baby"

"you can return this right back where you got it from mom...I don't think I'll be using it"

Hal had her way so I decided to snap some pics of my sweet niece by her lonesome. She makes a pretty darn cute subject if you ask me....


Miss Defiant was searching for trouble. She spent her time avoiding me by "popping wheelies" on her horsie..
"I'm a baaaaad girl"



This was the closest thing I got to a smile. I'd call it a smirk really.....

Time for a new outfit!!

While Carmen had her wardrobe change, Hal ran off and forced me to chase after her to find out what she was doing. I suspected that she had just wet her diaper after I'd put her on my hip but she'd wiggled out of my arms too fast for me to fix the problem. No need to worry, Hal has this one under control....
"I may need help with the whole wiping part but other than that I've got this operation covered."

The little stinker was found in the spare bedroom pulling out her changing pad that Nanny puts on the bed to change her diaper. She lifted it up and handed it to me. Duh mom. The youngest cousin was dressed and ready for the rest of her photo shoot. This outfit was my favorite......
"Ok, what's in it for me, huh?"

Once we got the girls together again they proved to be quite the combo. When Carmen was unhappy, Hal was looking ticked off. When Carmen was smiling, Hal was looking ticked off. And when Hal was alone, Hal was looking ticked off.
"So you are saying that I won't get any presents if I don't smile??"

Hallie mid-fall

Needless to say we mommies got a good workout chasing/feeding/posing/tending to our little ones. We are already planning for a much more cooperative year next Christmas season. Unless Carmen decides to take pointers from her big cousin Hal......
"Peace out. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night."

MERRY CHRISTMAS FRIENDS!

No comments:

Post a Comment