Sunday, December 11, 2011

A 'White Christmas' Party


There are a multitude of reasons to feel thankful during the holidays. Seven of those reasons are my therapy friends! We have a pretty unique group I'd say in that we still all get together each holiday season. After our Thanksgiving dinner we realized it was time to plan a festive get-together with a new theme. Julie came up with a fabulous new idea to have a "white Christmas" party. I'm going to admit that this one forced me to think a little harder when deciding on an outfit. And as you will see I failed miserably compared to my initial plans. ;) But first, here's a look back at some of our other holiday party themes......

Tacky Christmas in 2009


Pajama Party in 2010



and without further ado.......

White Christmas 2011

Julie hosted this year's party at her insanely gorgeous new home. Melissa requested a Mexican smorgasbord and that's what she got! I didn't think I was going to make it until after everyone dug in but I guess my lead foot got me there quicker than I had thought. So much yummy food sitting around....I gorged on everything in sight. But much more important than food were the clothing selections. I guess Laura and I may have gone a little too far. Fancy? Nah. Tacky? Heck yes! Kristen, Jamie, Audra, Julie, Natasha and Melissa were looking cute in all white while Laura was sporting a lovely birds nest fashioned by her mom with plenty of goodies to show off on her sweat shirt. Impeccable details my friend. ;) If you are wondering what I'm wearing, well I'm really not sure how to describe my thought process. I started out the day with my stylish white Walmart turtleneck and some white tights...let's just say the tights did not suit me well so I settled for jeans. But I thought the bling bling white underwear over my jeans would be the perfect touch. I'm sure Julie is still trying to figure out how to explain to her neighbor why the crazy girl dressed in white was putting on underwear in her driveway. ;)


Simon the dog even took part in the white theme....

I didn't say that he wanted to though

This year we decided we would have a party without the kiddos but I have a feeling next year's party will be full of kiddos and a brand new boyfriend for Hallie....

Boyfriend #3...baby Rowen

We had so much catching up to do that we spent all night just talking and talking and more talking. Oh yeah, and taking a tour through this gorgeous momma's new home.....

Big boy Kingston crashing the party ;)

I couldn't help but snap this shot of Julie's other 'son' lounging by the trees.....


I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to have these friends whom I share many things in common with....from motherhood to our shared occupation to a crazy sense of humor....getting together with these girls is just good for the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment