Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas Parties Galore!!!

Tis the season for family, friends, food, fun, baby Jesus in a manger, lights, trees, shopping, pretty packages and bows, cookies and candy, hustling to and fro, candle lighting at church, Christmas music and movies, indulgence.......AND PARTIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This year did not disappoint as far as holiday celebrations went! I was thinking back on Riley's past company parties and wishing that we could just crash in on the OPECO party this year....it's always been such a blast in the past. Only kidding about crashing it obviously but I was really hoping that we could find a way to replace it with a new fun tradition. I think we did just that. I'm going to be honest and admit that it made me a bit nervous to relax and have fun instead of my usual evening painting duties. We've been so busy that it's hard to believe that Christmas is only a week away....we will definitely be doubling up on the Christmas spirit next year to make up for what we lacked this season. But for Thursday and Friday night this past week, we were fully immersed in the Christmas spirit and forced to put down our paint brushes, have a drink or two or three and just RELAX!

We celebrated in yummy fashion with my coworkers at my boss Arron's house on Thursday night. He catered in some delicious Cake Lady goodies and we were entertained by our very own comedians Mr Alan Case and the ever so famous Matt. The two fellas were the life of the party and showed off their Dirty Santa gifts for all to see......

Who says you can't look tough in a Forever Lazy?

My Snuggie selection that made Alan a happy (and comfy) man

There was no shortage of laughs while we watched the guys fight over the gag gifts that popped up throughout our Dirty Santa exchange. I won't really go into what exactly was unwrapped that night...let's just say....well, I won't say. Lol! But I can say that Riley came home with a lovely oversized pair of men's underwear. This is after me joking earlier in the week that I would end up with a huge pair of granny panties. ;) Riley and I both had a great time with everyone and really didn't want to leave but we wanted to get home to relieve Aunt Kylie who was at our house watching the Halster. It sounds like Hal was a little too excited that she had a new playmate for the evening and stayed up way past normal. The girl was snoozing when we got home though and it didn't take long until we followed her lead. ZzzzZZZzzzzzzzZZZ!
Friday brought two parties our way and I would be lying if I said that I was in any way, shape or form prepared for them. :( I was not short on excitement though....I'd been looking forward to a night out for awhile now. My only problem is that I hadn't thought about what to wear with everything going on this past week. So needless to say it only took me a good 45 minutes to tear apart my closet while I searched for something that I didn't hate. Ugh, dontcha just hate those days when you look in the mirror and you feel like you've gained twenty pounds overnight??? Well, yesterday was one of them. I did what any female who feels fat would do......tights to the rescue!!! Lcckily I found a holiday-ish dress that would fit for both parties. Riley gave me a nod and smile of approval and said "you look like you're dressed to go to China." Hmmm, not sure how to take that one. Lol! Aunt Kylie was our savior yet again last night and put our silly girl to bed while we took off for Riley's work party. It was at the Pioneer room in Woodward. Lots and LOTS of faces I didn't know, but I was happy to see my favorite familiar faces and friends.....

Cari, me and Kelly

They had a huge, and I mean huge, spread of food which left you needing three plates just to hold it all by the time you got to the end. Have I mentioned I love holiday parties!?!?!?!? An excuse to eat insane amounts of yummy food without an ounce (ok, maybe a little) guilt. Most of the night was spent watching employees receive service awards and handing out door prizes. No excitement in that since members of administration aren't in the drawing. Ha! It's not as much fun to watch someone else win a TV! Some danced, most drank but our little crowd hung out in the back of the room and chit chatted most of the time. Riley "it's past my bedtime" Fanning was obviously ready to hit the hay at 9:00 but he knew that I wouldn't let him off the hook that easily. ;) The Earleys, the Wallaces, the new hospital physical therapist Jason, and us drove over to our second stop of the night at the Alexanders. What a beautiful place to have a party! I was curious if being two and a half hours late is still considered fashionably late....or is it just rude late. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that everyone at the party had had enough drinks that Garth Brooks could've walked through the door and nobody would have noticed. ;) It was a fun party, great food (again from The Cake Lady) and great friends. Look who I found!!!
Lacy and I

Riley started giving me the "let's go because I have to get up early and paint" eye around 11:00 but I just wasn't ready to go yet. The girls and I decided that I'd just play dumb and not make eye contact with him. It worked for about another 45 minutes when I gave in and decided that I was getting tired too. I had to get a picture of us ol' fogies out for the night before we turned back into parents wearing grungy paint clothes....
I love this handsome man

We dropped Jason off at his car and made it back home before our carriage turned back into a pumpkin. Yes, I'm comparing a night out with my man to a fairytale. It had to end some time. ;) I hope that your Christmas season has been full of blessings so far. As much as I joke about things being crazy right now I do make it a point to stop and thank God for everything we have been blessed with this season.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment