Saturday, December 17, 2011

The Science of Feeding Dogs

When it comes to doing chores around the house Hallie is always willing to lend a hand. ESPECIALLY when it involves the puppy dogs. She hands out treats to each dog and thanks to her dear ol' dad she is now able to feed the doggies their dinner. Last night I brought in a scoop of food to put in their bowls and little miss helper was grunting and reaching for the cup. I gladly handed it to my eager assistant and watched as she simply set the cup in the bowl. Hmmm, I had another method in mind but that works too...as long as Lucy doesn't get her snout stuck in the cup. I asked her to pour it in the bowls and instead she began placing it in piece by piece. This made for quite the entertainment. I am not kidding, I was enjoying it so much that I just plopped down criss cross apple sauce on the kitchen floor and watched as she dropped the food in and looked up at me for approval after each piece.




I'm so adding this to her "top ten cutest things EVER" list. This kept going for a good five minutes until she decided to give more generous handfuls to the pooches. They soon caught wind of her duties and made their way in to see if they could sneak some grub. She graciously fed them handfuls from her little scooper. Such a cute little stinker! She would giggle really big giggles every time one of them would eat out of her hand. A lightbulb must've turned on in her head and she decided that she had found a better, more efficient way to feed them.....

"That oughta work"


She smelled  like a sack of dog food after her feeding sesh so a bath was definitely in order to get the Science Diet out of her hair. I took a couple ridiculously funny videos of the munchkin helping out but I do not have the patience to wait for the blog site to upload them. You will just have to use your imagination. Oh and I can't forget the part at the end when she decided to take a little swim before bathtime....

"This counts as a bath, right?"

Ruff ruff.

No comments:

Post a Comment