Friday, December 2, 2011

Color Me Glad

It's no secret that I get overly overjoyed when Hallie does something brand new and exciting. Well, Wednesday was no exception. She was enjoying a long day with her daycare friends at Mrs. Paula's house. I always sit and wonder what kinds of activities she is doing all day. Who she plays with, what toys she likes best and if she jabbers to the other kids. I often tell Riley that I just want to spend a day as a fly on the wall so I can delight in watching her learn all day long. Oh wouldn't that be grand....


As I was leaving my office the other day I did a quick check of Facebook and was super excited when the picture above of Hallie popped up on my newfeed. Mrs. Paula had just posted a picture of some of the kiddos coloring at the big plastic table. One of those kids just happened to be my sweet baby. She seemed more interested in the other kid's skills and less interested in her own coloring page. After I showed up to pick her up I found out why she wasn't worried about coloring her page. Miss Lily and a couple other girls informed me that "Hallie had been eating her crayons" and showed me the proof. I guess she thought it looked pretty yummy and bit the tip off. She then presented me with my very first piece of artwork from my baby girl. It was simply the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen. Just four tiny scribbles and a small section where Lily had "helped" her out a bit. Is it sad that I'm incredibly proud of this picture.......


Let me guess...you can't see the scribbles. They are there, I promise. Check out the bottom right corner. That's where my little artist got her start. But it looks like she will have to keep her skills cooking awhile longer until she can suppress her appetite for wax. Look out Picasso.....

No comments:

Post a Comment