Friday, December 30, 2011

Happy 21st Aunt B!!!

I have this sister.

She's one a kind.

I love her for so many reasons.

And I don't mind telling you why.....

The girl has the most beautiful smile on this planet.
Her pearly whites shine like diamonds.
She has a certain innocence about her that makes me smile.
She has great style.
She could sleep through a tornado.
She is a daddy's girl through and through.
The girl could fill a house with all of her beauty products.
She once almost burnt the house down cooking Easy Mac.
She could watch ten entire seasons of F.R.I.E.N.D.S in one day.
She always knows what I'm thinking. 
She's famous for taking hour long showers.
She stands up for what she believes in.



Our relationship is one of the things in life that I treasure the most. We haven't always been the best of friends though. No sirree, just ask her. I've got scars on my arms to prove it. Let's just say we had a fight or two or one hundred which involved some pretty intense kicking, biting ans scratching. And that was on a good day. We are seven years apart. The day she was born was one of the most exciting days of my life. She was born a teeny tiny premie. I carried around a Polaroid picture in my coat pocket to daycare every day after she was born. Every now and then I'd grab it from my pocket to show my friends. I remember being so proud and happy that I'd look at her little self in the picture and start crying. I loved her so much before she even knew who I was. She has slowly morphed into an adult right before my eyes and has filled my heart with so much pride over these past two years as she's found a career, a home and a man to share her life with.

And now she's 21?????  I guess if she's gotta grow up she's doing a mighty fine job of it. I love you much sis and couldn't imagine my life without a little sister like you in it. Do me one favor, k? Take it easy on that I.D.

HAPPY 21st SISTER!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment