Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Week in the Life of Hallie

Crummy weather aside, this week has been just wonderful. Two days off of work and a trip to Enid thrown in made for a lot of extra quality mom/daughter time. My work schedule has drastically declined to the point where I feel comfortable and not rushed and crazy. My mom always told me that home health goes in spurts...so for the meantime I'm thankful for this lull. :)

So what is a nine month to do with her time? Hallie and I took full advantage of extra time by taking a trip to Enid on Tuesday. 50% to see my family, 50% to shop at Hobby Lobby. Hallie had been having separation anxiety from our favorite store so I did what any good parent would do and took her for a shopping fix. Ok, maybe I lie a bit. She didn't enjoy our Hob Lob trip one bit. It could have had something to do with my aimless wandering around the store ten times just to make sure there was nothing else that I needed to buy. After she has suffered through 90 minutes of riding in the shopping cart Hallie had the great idea to go suprise Aunt Lana that afternoon at work so we did just that. She made herself right at home as she does everywhere and found plenty of yummy things to chew on....

"Good thing she had these toys ready for me"

We had a great dinner at Katy's Pantry with Aunt B and Gman where Hallie thought she would spice things up a bit by choking on a piece of plastic from her treat container. That was interesting. And terrifying.

"Just keepin' you on your toes Aunt B"

Great grandma called on Wednesday to check on Hal and to tell me how much she missed her this week. Nanny came to the rescue just in time and took Hal for a surprise trip to visit my grandma on Friday while I did some work and got a much desired pedicure. ;) Thank you Nanny!

Saturday morning was an exciting one for Hal gal. She had a party to go to. She was up bright and early to get ready for the fun. She made sure to pick out a cute party outfit, wrap the gift she picked out and get a nap in before the fun. She was officially ready for her first birthday party....we were off to celebrate her third-cousin Peyton's third birthday. I guess I failed her by not teaching her about proper party etiquette because she quickly found her way to the birthday girl's pile of gifts as if they were her own....

"Oh mom, these people shouldn't have brought me all of these gifts." ;)

Gman did a good job distracting her so that the birthday girl could open up her gifts in peace.....

"Let me loose Gman"
"Somebody get me a bow or paper or something to chew on..."

Not only was she wanting to get in on the present-opening action but she longingly watched as the "big kids" played outdoors.....
"I can't wait to be a big kid"

Her day came a little sooner than she had expected because Gman took her out with the big kiddos for some swinging fun...her absolute favorite....

The sweetest thing

Hallie and Peyton got acquainted on the swings......

Pretty birthday girl

Soon the itty bitty puppy caught Hallie's eye and she went to check it out.....
"Just my size!"

After catching up with family and eating some yummy cake and homemade ice cream we headed out to lunch with Gman, Aunt Alta and Uncle David. Riley met us there just in time to turn around and take home a very partied-out baby. She had a blast this morning and it showed because she took a super extra-wonderful long nap this afternoon. When she woke up, my little shopping partner and I took in an afternoon of girl time before heading to the Cruise in for Cancer with daddy, Papa Bill, Aunt Katie and Uncle Luke. The boys had been getting their toys ready all afternoon and were ready to show them off. Hallie had other activities in mind. With a little help from dad she did some grabbing for ducks and picked out a toy of her own....."who needs cars?!", Hallie asks!


"I can't decide on just one!"

To keep her occupied during the cruise in I fed her a bowl of her new food. We gave avocado-apple a try and it was received well by my gal. All we were missing were the tortilla chips for dipping....


After spending some time in the sun, playing with Papa, learning about Mustangs with Uncle Luke, swinging with Aunt Katie, and walking with her dad and I in the stroller, the girl was plum worn out.


The boys lined their Stangs up side by side and watched as everyone drooled over them....well, two of them anyway. At this point our Mustang is still quite an eyesore. But they say love is blind, thus Riley thinks it is a beauty. Let me illustrate to you what I mean......

Papa Bill's beauty

Uncle Luke's pride and joy

Riley's girlfriend

Someday it will fit in with the others...someday. After some new wheels, new tires, new body, new paint, new interior...and the list goes on. My vote is that it needs to be red just to fit in with the other two. Riley is thinking blue....what do you think??? He is so proud of his girfriend and sees what others don't see at this point....a beauty. Hallie was cruised out and ready for bed which she made clear by falling asleep approximately two seconds after being strapped in her carseat. Oh but that did not mean she was done with her evening by any means.............when she is exhausted of an evening, 9 times out of 10 she will fuss and cry until we fix her a bottle and put her to bed. But that one time out of ten she turns into what can only be described as a maniac. She is almost delirious throwing and scattering her toys about, wallering on the floor and rolling about like crazy all while smiling those big silly smiles. It's quite entertaining so Riley and I just kick back and watch the show unfold before us. Tonight was one of those nights.....

She makes our world go round.....
.........and our feet running.............
.........and our heads spinning.........
.........and our minds wondering.....
.........and our hearts full of LOVE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment