Wednesday, April 13, 2011

City gals once again

Home sweet home...for a day at least. Hallie had a dermatology appointment and Riley had a rural health conference at the Sheridan on Tuesday and Wednesday so we decided to drive down on Monday after work and spend the night at our house. I had debated just staying in a hotel to avoid any crying spells and sad outbursts about being in our home again. We hadn't even been there fifteen minutes and I had already cried three times. As we pulled up to the house that night it was almost like a beacon in the dark saying "welcome home, where the heck have ya been?" Cue crying spell #1. We were immediately greeted by one of our neighbors and had a short chat. I then made a beeline to Hallie's room. She lit up when she saw her colorful room and explored every inch of her crib after I plopped her down in it. She showed off her standing skills by scaling each side of the crib....


"This is so cool"

"Why have you been hiding this from me?"

That was when crying spell #2 started. So I shook it off quickly because my school friend and neighbor Natasha was coming over for a visit. The last time Hallie had seen her was at our annual PT/OT girl Christmas party. Hallie took to her right away and luckily was in a great mood for it being so late.....


Convincing Natasha to have kiddos of her own

Hallie took advantage of all the new crawling space. With the living room being completely empty she had a huge crawling space...and since she wasn't crawling when we moved this was unexplored territory.




"Hey, I recognize this place now"

She was like Columbus on the Mayflower...but it was waaaaaaayyyyyyy past her bedtime so I thought she would fall right asleep. Hahahahaha. Big laughs. She was so wound up that she was TOO EXCITED TO SLEEP!! We kissed her goodnight and gave her a bottle and tip-toed out. Then began final crying spell #3 until I heard a little piggie rustling around in her pen. Crying soon turned to laughing when I saw our wired gal standing up in her crib and using her mobile as a playtoy. Poor mobile really paid the price.....




"Bedtime??? Not for this girl!"

After three unsuccessful attempts to put her to sleep she finally fell into dreamland. I was too happy and content to do anything but laugh at her nighttime shenanigans. :) For the first time in quite awhile I fell asleep in my bed with a huge smile on my face. And woke up with the same smile! Hallie woke up a bit too early for her own good and it was evident that she had stayed up way too late.....


"It is too early for a nap?"

Riley headed to his all-day conference which I hear was sooooo stimulating (sarcasm). He looked pretty snazzy as he was walking out the door that morning. Although watching him walk out the door of our home for work that morning is one of the moments I could've easily broken into tears, I held them back. Hallie and I had a fun and busy day planned and I couldn't wait to get started. Crazy as it sounds, what I was looking forward to the most was taking a jog around our neighborhood with the new stroller. I guess it's the little things in life. Like a beautiful sleepy baby.....


Hitting the pavement

And a pretty neighborhood to enjoy.....



After a wonderful morning run and a nap for Hallie, we got ready and walked across the street to Miss Mindy's house. Hallie was given a warm welcome by all of her old friends and plenty of hugs and kisses. Sssshhhh!!! Don't tell daddy that one of the boys gave his lil girl a kiss! The little kids kept saying things like "Hallie can stand now"...."Hallie can sit all by herself now." She got to ride on some pretty fun big kid toys and one of her friends made sure to show her the ropes now that she was able to play with everyone. She was in heaven in a toy playland at Mindy's.....


"peek-a-boo"

Hugs for Hallie girl

"Mom, you are cramping my style...can you please put the camera away?"

Playing with Miss Mindy

Next on our agenda....shop til we drop. One of us dropped but I won't mention any names. :) I can say with 100% honesty that Hallie was the only one who benefited from this shopping trip. We are now equipped with plenty of summer gear! And the cutest yellow polka dot bikini known to man! Marshall's is officially cute brand name discounted baby clothes heaven!! Continuing on our to do list of fun...a lunch date at GoGo Sushi with my favorite work crew! Man, I had missed those guys! I had also very much missed our favorite  lunch place...but didn't get to enjoy lunch quite as much as usual because Hallie was extra hungry and extra squirmy. The high chair just wasn't suiting her so she chose to sit next to me in a real chair and munch on edamame pods. Yum! Oh yeah, and the table....


"Tasty"

Hugs and goodbyes were in crinkly paper is sure to keep any baby occupied for hours...

"Music to my ears"

"This part is crinkly and fun to pound on"

"I'll be honest mom...I'm kinda nervous"

Our journey then took us to BabiesRUs. I have to place myself on restrictions when I walk in...otherwise it could get ugly. :) We left with a few cute outfits, a BIG GIRL carseat, and a baby food steamer and blender. Pretty pumped about getting into homemade baby food....that book waiting in a box in the storage shed will be so happy to be put to use. Because we had packed so much for our stay for just ONE DAY I had a hard time fitting our purchases in the car. But Hallie patiently waited and observed all the work....


"A big girl carseat? Are you trying to tell me I'm fat?"

Next up: JAMBA JUICE. Ok, so I do miss our house. I miss our town. I miss my friends. BUT I REALLY REALLY MISS JAMBA JUICE. Ok, I'm exaggerating but it was a nice treat on my diet cheat day for the week. :) We headed back to Mustang to make a special visit to see Hallie's friend Kyra. Kyra was the five year old who always gave me updates at the end of each day at daycare. She was so excited to see her mini friend and was amazed that she was able to "sit and stand on her own."


"TAKE THAT!"

Mindy, Hallie and I watched as the big kids played outside. Hallie enjoyed eating a leaf...yes, a leaf. It was fun trying to fish all of the little pieces out of her mouth. Yummo! Across the street Riley taking a nap. Oh the N word. I was just a tad bit jealous. We gave him some extra time to get some zzzzz's and then headed back across the street. We lay sprawled out on our backs on the living room floor watching Hallie explore...I didn't want to leave. But I knew it was getting late so we packed up and Riley installed the big girl car seat and strapped her in.....


Safety first!

"Fooled ya! I'm loving this big girl stuff!"

We "enjoyed" a lovely dinner full of screaming, squirming, throwing bottles, and rubbing baby food on her clothes...ok maybe enjoyed isn't the right word. Hallie did enjoy herself prior to dinner trying to pry her new toy from her dad's mouth...


Giggly girl

Oh Mustang, why do you still feel like home to us? Why can I not get over you? Here's the only thing I can come up with: first of all, we want a house. I think once we get that settled things will feel a little less rollercoasterish. Second of all, I think I am attached to all of the happy memories associated with the house. In that house, my mom was still here and came to visit all the time....we brought our baby home to that house....we worked hard on making her nursery perfect for her arrival....we had cookouts in the summer on the back porch....we made friends with all of our neighbors...we celebrated Hallie's first Christmas there........................and finally crying spell #4. Moral of the story....next time we are going to stay in a hotel when we visit OKC. All sadness aside, we had a great little trip full of friends and fun.



Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by
prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your
requests be made known to God. And the peace of God,
which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your
hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:6-7



No comments:

Post a Comment