Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sippy Cups, Overalls, and a Playdate

Sunday was anything but a day of rest for our active gal. She continued her incessant pulling up and standing any chance she got. She made her way out to the farm for a visit with great grandma Ida, figured out the mystery of the sippy cup and had a special visit from her little cousin Aaron.

We started out the day in style with our matching outfits for church...


I am not sure if she was excited about the outfit or if it was more about the fact that she was minutes away from hugging her favorite nursery friend Jennifer. Hallie must be in high demand at the nursery because I got a text from Jennifer telling me that they were patiently waiting for Hallie to arrive. When we walked in a bit late the ladies were craning their necks out of the nursery door looking for her. Jennifer made it clear that she wants some extra time with Hallie because she jokingly offered to watch Hallie while we get ready in the a.m. and while we go out to lunch after church. :)  I was entertained by picture messages all morning from the nursery while we were in Sunday school and church of my silly girl snoozing and playing...

She loves rocking with Jen

Future church piano player

"My parents are taking quite awhile...did they leave me for good?"

After church she spent some quality time practicing her sippy skills. So far all of her attempts have ended with a lot of biting and no sucking. But today she figured it out. BINGO!!



I got word from dad that him and his lil lady were going to make a special trip to visit great grandma Ida. I was told to "dress her in her farm clothes." Excuse me? Everything she owns is pink and 90% of it has flowers, hearts, or ruffles. As I stopped and thought about it I was excited to remember a pair of Round House overalls that Grammy and Gman had given Hallie for Christmas. I didn't think they would fit yet but I was told to "put them on anyway." :) Low and behold, they fit very nicely. Someone was ready for the farm in case she was put to work hauling hay or driving the tractor......

"I wonder what these drought-like conditions are doing to my crops?"

"I better go check my Farmer's Almanac"

"Does this mean I get to go see the moo cows again?"

Thrilled is an understatement for how I felt to have some free time on my hands. I enjoyed a long run (even with the 40 mph wind gusts) and got to have a nice long uninterrupted phone conversation with my friend Tessa whom I hadn't talked to in nearly two years. I sat at the trails on a bench in the sun and just RELAXED! I reluctantly made my way home and found Riley loading up the garage and Hallie snoozing in the back of his truck while he worked. (with the AC on of course). Good thing she rested because she had a big playdate coming up soon. My cousin's wife Amy and their baby boy Aaron stopped by to play this evening. Aaron is Hallie's third cousin and he is now five months old and getting the hang of sitting up. We were excited to get them together because all of their other encounters had been short-lived and one of them had always been either cranky or sleeping. Both were awake and ready to play on this occasion. They gave eachother a friendly hello and Hallie promptly stole his binky. After watching the munchkins play I have realized that Hallie is not the best hostess for playdates. Ms. Independent spent most of her time showing off her standing skills, crawling to and fro, drinking her juice, and ignoring her guests. Although their were several sweet moments between the two cuties...

"I'm a hugger"

"But mom, I want HIS binky!"

Those big blue eyes


"This toy is awesome!"


"Here, let me show you how to play it"

Taking a breather

"Hey! I was playing with that!"

They had a long drive ahead of them back to Edmond so they said their goodbyes. I think she was pretty upset after her playmate left because she showed off her fussy side until she snagged her sippy and layed down for a lil shuteye....

"It's hard but you will get the hang of it"

"I need my beauty sleep"

Gotcha!! She fooled me and rolled over after a couple minutes wide awake with a big ol' smile on her face. That girl!

"I had ya fooled, didn't I?


H
A
L
L
I
E

G
R
A
C
E

Y
O
U

M
A
K
E

L
I
F
E

G
R
A
N
D





No comments:

Post a Comment