Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Piglet's Weekend and the Pig Party

What a wonderful weekend with perfect weather. These days perfect weather = winds less than 50 mph. Perfect weather made for a perfect weekend! But we couldn't kick off the weekend without a quick trip to great grandma's house. She shared plenty of smiles as always and cheered up some proud great grandparents. And I think she also made Great Aunt Deedee's evening too! The girl was pretty happy after her Friday evening visit....

"Let's get this weekend started!"

We spent Friday night at Nanny and Papa's house for dinner and relaxation with them and Uncle Luke & Aunt Katie. Hallie stayed fairly content munching on some grapes and squeezing juice EVERYWHERE...she also practiced her walking skills using her new walker toy. The girl's getting the hang of it!


Grape Juice = Baby Wine

Oh blessing of all blessings, Hallie slept well Friday night but must've needed a lil bit more sleep because she was starving for a nap early Saturday morning. But she couldn't cuddle up without her friend Violet. Thank you Violet for singing lovely soothing lullabies to my angel so that she doesn't have to be subjected to my voice....

Angel on earth snuggled up with her buddy Violet

Nap time was over and it was dad time now. There is a huge difference between dad playtime and mom playtime. Dad is probably 1,000 times cooler than mom. He reads her books in silly voices and is a pro at any animal noise. And somehow she seems to sit and actually listen to his reading which is something I just can't seem to get her to do. Daddy's girl she is.....

"Dad, where did you study storytelling?"

"Mom, here is your chance...you better be taking notes."

We decided to have a quick lunch date Saturday afternoon with Riley before us girls left town to head to Enid. Dad got even cooler at lunch when he let his girl try out some new grub....

"Mmmm...pickles!"

She gave daddy plenty of smiles and goodbye kisses before we left on our way to Enid for a big day. Poor girl had a rough time getting comfy in her big girl carseat. We're going to have to make some adjustments there.... 

 That's gotta hurt

Once we made it to Enid, Aunt B and I took our first rides on dad's new bike and then Hallie showed off her growing repertoire of skills to Aunt B and Gman. They were thrilled to see her pulling up to everything and giggling alot. It's no secret that she is terribly missed when she's not around....

"Where ya been all my life Aunt B?"

After my dad showed off his purty bike we made a trip up to my friend Heather's shoe store (inside Posh in Enid). Here's where I ask you to please shop there because it is awesome and I never leave there without a CUTE pair (or pairs) of shoes! It's called LUTHI and it's awesome! How's that for free advertisement!? (If you are reading this, I love you Heather). Hallie had a ball crawling to and fro...


Once she reached her destination, which happened to be on the platform in front of the mirrors, she sat in awe of the baby she was looking at in the mirror....

"Whoa who's that pretty baby?"

Paparrazi!

So it turned out that Aunt Heather didn't have any shoes in Hallie's size (lol) so she settled for kicking back with a magazine while everyone else shopped....

Just catchin' up on some celeb gossip

"Aunt Heather, you need to think about carrying size 2 or 3."

We must have been dilly-dallying too long because Gman was waiting for us at the house ready to go. Where were we going? Well, you see, we were invited to a "pork pulling party" that my mom's home health office was having. The hospital home health office hosts a pig roast each year for the entire hospital and they have a party to get together and prepare the pork after roasting the piggies. Mom would've been there so we went in her place...and it goes without mentioning that we absolutely love all of her coworkers and work family! Mom would've been thrilled this year because they are not doing a choreographed dance and singing for entertainment. Mom could never carry a tune nor dance to a beat to save her soul...it was always a big joke each year while watching her practice for their "performance." Oh mom, you were a funny lady! We were excited for some fun out on the farm, some good food, beautiful weather and fresh country air. That is exactly what we got! We lathered Hallie in sunscreen and plopped a hat on her head...which stayed there for approximately two seconds....

"Hey everybody. My name's Hallie"

Most of my mom's coworkers had already met Hallie bug, but there were a few who had yet to meet her. Not that they needed to because my mom had given them a daily update on her grandbaby everyday in the office. We feel so welcome around all of these great people and it was a great way to spend the evening amongst people who loved my mom.

Hallie and Aunt B just so happened to dress alike for the evening...

Twinks

"Mom, not in front of everybody"

<3

My girl had a chance to get her paws on a bottle-fed calf...

 


I took advantage of having several different hands who wanted to hold (and feed) the munchkin...


Pay no attention to her strange, mismatched outfit...it got chilly unexpectedly and we worked with what I could find in her bag. We spent the evening cooking out, joking around, blowing bubbles with the kids, petting doggies and cows, making smores and playing baseball???

Her random chew toy



Lori, my mom's friend and boss

"Now this is the life"

I hadn't packed for an overnight stay in Enid, but it was getting late and I was exhausted so Hallie and I decided to camp out at Gman's. I tried to warn him about her bedtime shenanigans but he didn't seem afraid to take on the nighttime Hallie monster. Turns out she wasn't so much of a monster for her grandpa....

"We'll show mom, won't we?"

.
It's amazing what a peaceful evening in the fresh country air can do for one's soul. I love you dad and sister.



Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10

No comments:

Post a Comment