Saturday, April 23, 2011

A Helping Hand

Dear Baby girl,

While it would be a thousand times easier to run errands without you I much prefer to have you join me. First of all, you make it a lot more entertaining. Second of all, you make it a lot more entertaining. ;) Like the other day you joined me to get my oil changed. I loved watching you get the hang of sitting in a big girl chair in the waiting area. I thought you might enjoy kicking back with a book while I read a magazine. Well the idea went over for about two seconds.....




Until you spotted your snacks in your bag....


"It's never too early for a snack!"

You also like to lend a hand during therapy sessions. Great grandma has a lot more fun watching your demonstrations of how to perform band exercises. You make momma so proud....


"See Grandma, you grab the band with both hands like this...."

"....and then you stretch it just like this."

You also helped your daddy unpack his new carburetor the other night. He was pretty pumped when you didn't protest about wearing his new JEGS hat....that's my boy, er, I mean girl....



"I promise I'm not a tomboy mom...I like pink WAAAYYYYYYY too much!"

"Think it's gonna run good now dad?"

Oh and the helping doesn't stop there...you went on your first "mission trip" this week with Nanny. It was no trip to South America but you did make your way to Alva to drop food off at the Methodist Student Union for the college students. We are so proud of you little missionary!

We spent this afternoon baking and getting other goodies ready for Easter lunch tomorrow. Thanks to all of your help I now can manage baking a cake with one hand....you really wanted to help every step of the way. Especially using the mixer. And you can't spend time in the kitchen without having a lot of dishes to do...I really hope you still enjoy helping me with dishes in about ten years.....


"Don't get your hopes up mom"


No comments:

Post a Comment