Wednesday, April 27, 2011

9 Months: Places to Go




Angel on Earth

It's that time again baby girl. Time to write a love letter to you. Nine months of pleasure being in your presence and getting to know our sweet girl. When I think about the fact that you are nine months old it just makes me think about how close you are to the BIG ONE! Don't worry...momma has already started planning your bash!

You have had so many big and little milestones this month I am not sure where to start. Hmmm...how about food?

You have been munching on almost anything within reach...that is appropriate for you to eat of course. You have ventured away from your baby food once in awhile and tried Jello, baked potato, lemon, mashed peas, banana, cottage cheese, peaches pickles and french fries. You love it all. You still haven't met a food you didn't like. I guess that might be why your Michelin rolls remain. ;) You look forward to your one bottle of juice each day: your favorites are apple and pear. Your little Gerber treats are an easy way to keep you satisfied when you just want a quick snack....sweet potato and apple cinnamon...YUM! Great grandma even tried one out to see what it tasted like...."bland" was her response. So of course I had to try one..."bland" was right. But you sure do love em! Miss Independent you are....you do not like to have us place them in your mouth. You grab them with your grubby hand and it gets to your mouth 50% of the time. Your lap, shirt or Emmi catches the rest of them. Or sometimes your little booty catches them.....






Two "teethies" are all you own. Thank goodness for that...you now have a break from the pain of teething. Whew (sigh of relief). The bottom front teeth are becoming more prominent everyday...and might I add they get cuter by the day as well. You use them to chew on just about anything....you are like a little woodchuck chewing on wooden tables and chairs. I've been trying to snap a picture of the little fellas but have been unsuccessful...but thanks to Aunt Kylie I have a good one....


Pearly white chompers

Sleeping habits. These are not as fun to reminisce on. You have begun what I can only describe as "sleep-crawling." It must be genetic because your dad likes to sleepwalk. Sudden screams in the middle of the night and I find you sitting up in your bed with your eyes closed sitting still...when I start to pick you up, you just flop down on your tummy and pass out. Weirdest thing EVER!!! Then as I tiptoe out of the door you suddenly shoot up into sitting again and then crawl to the corner of your bed and curl up. This repeats about every three hours...are you trying to punish me baby girl? On the other hand, you may be having some night terrors which just breaks my heart to think about. Like the other night when you were screaming your head off I went in to calm you down but I couldn't get you to wake up...you just kept screaming with your eyes closed and tears streaming down your sweet face. I finally picked you up and you sat on my lap in a trance for awhile before you blinked or moved while you held my hand. So sad! No more of that baby! Bedtime goes a lil something like this...you get to the point where you just can't hold you eyes open anymore and at that point you are very cranky. We put you down in bed with you bottle and turn on your friend Violet to play lullabies for you. Thank you Violet! There are several times that it's not that easy though. Like the nights when you wake up around 9:00 and I find you sitting up and playing in your bed and laughing. Oh girl, there is no rhyme or reason. But your smiling face waiting on me in the morning makes all of your shenanigans seem ok. But really though, the baby insomnia has got to end at some point, right?

I find myself saying the phrase "you're silly" at least twenty times a day. But gosh darn it, you are so SILLY!! And of course I have proof....



Playtime! You have discovered that it's a lot more fun if you select your own toys instead of me laying them out for you. You give my toy selections a big thumbs down and head to the toy bin to sling out your favorites....



CUTE PATROL: You have started to reach for people you want to hold you and your dad and I have been loving your hugs lately. Not sure if you know that you are hugging but it counts!

DISLIKES:
  • Living without a binky. I decided to be the evil parent and I put my foot down..well, kinda. I decided I didn't want you to be my two year old walking around with a bink so I thought we should just start now. Binkies do not exist now. No longer do I grab the nearest binky to pop in your screamer to calm you down. I think daddy and Nanny still live in binky land though.
  • Diaper changes. You despise your changing table. Oh my, I may have to do what Nanny does and plop you on the comfy bed and give you a toy so that you are a) comfortable & b) occupied. Dressing you is a task each and every day.
  • Running. You do, however, enjoy throwing your binky, bottle and juice from the stroller at least ten times while we run. Lately I have been sparing you the agony of riding in the stroller and running on my own. Baby girl, if I were you I'd take advantage of being pushed around in a stroller and kicking back with a bottle...take a nap or something girl!
  • Ear infections. Well who would like these? Poor girl, you have been cursed with yet another ear infection. I pray every night that you won't need to have tubes in your ears...no more ear infections please!!!
  • Grass. You hate the grass. When I first plopped you down in it you looked at me as if you were so offended that I would make you sit on the stuff.


"Ew, get me off of here"

LIKES:
  • Bathtime. You still heart your splash time in the tub. Although your bath toys no longer interest you. It's the bottles of shampoo and soap, grabbing the shower curtain, and standing up interest you much more that your sealife friends.
  • Snacks. You love to munch snacks....all the time. Your favorite snack has got to be grapes in your mesh chewer...very big mess but very content baby.
  • Smiling. I have received so many comments about your huge smile. That big open-mouth smile is your trademark baby girl!
  • The toilet. We won't even go there with this like. Let's just say we have to close to the bathroom door when you are crawling around at home.
  • Keys. You have discovered the magical quality of keys. They jingle and they are fun to chew on. I have been nervous of several occasions that you would slobber so much on my key faub that my car wouldn't unlock.

There is NOTHING you haven't tried to pull up on. At home your favorite items are the treadmill and the ottoman. You cruise over to your desired destination, pop on up into standing and look around to see who your audience is...then you flash a big proud smile! You are giving it a go on two feet using your walker toy or holding mom and dad's fingers as you hurry around the couch. You are fast girl!!!

"BEEP! BEEP! COMING THROUGH!"


Some little known facts: we found out the other day that you are not ready for pop-up books at nine months old. Poor book is missing a few crucial pieces now that you got your grubby hands on it. Thanks to you, Emmi enjoyed a nice snack on some pop-up puppy and pig pictures. Ok, maybe both of you aren't ready for pop-up books. I share Gerber yogurt with you...you take one bite, I take one. Only the banana flavor though, those are gooooooood! You have rebelled against me and have been ripping off bows and hats faster than I can get them on your head. We call you our mini "IT guy" because you seem to gravitate toward the computer router and cords on the floor. Vertical is the new horizontal....the only time you spend lying down is to get a swig of your juice while you play or while you are sleeping (when that actually happens)! Grizzo has finally caught your attention lately and you crawl over to him and cuddle up for approximately three seconds until we say "oh how cute" and by then you have had enough and move on to the next activity.

You finally said the words to me that I've been forcing upon you for awhile now. We often have ten minute long sessions in the car where I simply repeat "mamamamamamamamamamama" until I can't stand hearing myself any longer. After day after day of hearing your favorite phrase "dada", I was dressing you the other morning and you looked at me and said IT!!! Oh my! I think my heart almost exploded out of my chest. I am sure I looked like one of those cartoons with hearts fluttering from my eyes...I love you baby girl! Feel free to call me by name anytime!

Love,

Mom




No comments:

Post a Comment