Sunday, May 1, 2011

In the Kitchen with Hallie: Part II

SO HAPPY!!! The baby food Hallie and I whipped up the other day was all very much enjoyed by the babe. So I took a quick inventory and realized that I had only made enough to last three days....well after another afternoon of chopping, peeling, steaming and blending we now have enough to last a whole week. I was so excited to go shop for even more fruits and veggies...this time I got a little braver with my variety. But still a little on the conserative side.



Hallie was not so much into helping today as she was into eating everything in sight. She munched on her puffs, downed some juice and teethed on various fruits and veggies to check for ripeness and firmness. She is just the best little taste-tester around these parts.....




We definitely came up with some winning combos today.......


SQUASH - CARROT

CANTALOUPE - PEAR

MANGO - BANANA

BLUEBERRY - BANANA - STRAWBERRY

STRAWBERRY - BLUEBERRY

AVOCADO - BANANA

SWEET POTATO - APPLE

It seems as though Sundays will be the new baby food makin' day around the Fanning house. Out of curiousity I thought I'd compare cost of store bought versus homemade food....a week of Gerber would cost about $10...a week of all fresh and natural food costs about $25. Not too bad. Hallie seemed to have piece of mind about it after we were finished........

"All of this work makes a baby sleepy"

Hallie AND mom's favorite of the day........

Mango banana!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment