Sunday, May 15, 2011

Look Whoooooo's Having a Baby: Katie's Baby Shower


Oh my! I have had an absolute blast planning this shower for my sister-in-law. Thanks to hostesses Aunt Kylie and friends Lacy and Megan, the baby shower was just perfect! Sunday brought about perfect weather and a beautiful day to celebrate Katie, Luke and Carmen! Carmen's nursery theme is owls.....and let me tell you this made for a fun shower theme! Owls are so popular right now and it seemed that I was spotting owls left and right....so easy and so fun to decorate and shop for! Whoooooo would have thought owls would be everywhere!? Little owls, big owls, baby owls.......the list goes on. ;)

To get some pictures to display at the shower, I put my camera in overdrive this week as Katie and Luke were nice and patient enough to let me snap some maternity photos of them. Here are a few of my favorites.....







It's shower time!!!

When Katie walked in the door at her parent's house for lunch she looked absolutely happy and excited for the day! I hollered "it's the perfect day for a shower!" It really was! Katie's aunt MaryAnn and cousin Hannah made their way to Woodward from Sapulpa and joined the Fannings for a lunch and then spent some time with us while we waited for guests to arrive at the shower.....



Lacy's masterpiece

Hallie Grace wrapped it, I swear






Carmen's "bowquet"

Hostess with the mostest!

We waited in anticipation until the special momma arrived......

She's here!


Soon-to-be Nanny x 2 and Aunt x 2 

Ladies in pink




Katie's tough-as-nails cousin, Sarah, made it to the shower....she was just released from the hospital two days ago after giving birth to a healthy boy, Bhric.

Does she look like she just had a baby?? I didn't think so. :) 

What is any shower without games?!



It's present time!!

Carmen's adorable bedding


Katie got some great stuff and went straight home to get it all organized and ready in Carmen's precious room.....


Absolutely GLOWING!

So glad Hannah and MaryAnn made it

Hostesses with the mommy-to-be

Hallie Grace was fashionably late and showed up with dad for the last few minutes of the shower. Of course she was dying to come celebrate her cousin Carmen! She looked like she was already scheming about all of the "no no" things she can teach her little cousin with this grin she was showing off.....

"I'll show her the ropes...don't you worry."

We love you very, very much Katie, Luke and Carmen! Her arrival is already so anticipated and we will be there to spoil her with LOVE as soon as she arrives!


Now that the shower is over I am already prepared for planning withdrawals. No need to worry, I've already got a couple more things to plan in the works for down the road. Does anyone have a cure for Planorexia?? Because I have a bad case of it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment