Saturday, November 5, 2011

The week's end & the Weekend

We survived another busy week and lived to tell about it! Last time I wrote was Tuesday. So here's what we were up to the rest of the week. On Thursday I met Nanny and Hallie at the park after I got done with work. They were busy escaping the geese who were threatening an attack in the play area. ;) We had a blast watching Hal go down the big girl slide by herself several times. Did I say down? Ok, I meant up....


We got a call from Aunt Katie who lured Hallie over to visit with the promise of some "cacas." Say no more, Hallie will be there! While she ate her yummy animal crackers we chatted and Carmen took a snooze in her swing. I couldn't help but get a picture of her doing her Superwoman pose......



Friday flew by thank goodness because I was very ready for what was in store for that night. I hurried home to pick up my baby girl and get in some extra hugs and kisses which she was giving freely as she was in a spectacular mood. She helped me pack and made sure to let me know that she wanted to go with me. But I have plenty of evidence that she has plenty of fun with her dada. Plenty. ;) I made it to Enid later than I'd planned but just in time for dinner. I showed up at my dad's to meet Heather and Bailey. We took a ride to dinner in Aunt B's new ride and risked our lives in doing so. Haha, I'm only kidding if you're reading this Aunt B! Our trio met dad, BC, Deann, Aunt Lisa and Uncle David at the Flamingo for some burgers....and beer for the boys. I was loving every second of the relaxation and "baby free" time. Usually I have these creeping feelings of guilt pop up when I'm away from my girl, but not last night. Duh, my night away was part of my birthday gift, remember? ;) We had a good time with some big laughs!


From dinner we made our way up to the hospital to see Meme. She was awake and able to talk with us for awhile. She was obviously worn out and hasn't been sleeping very well lately. She has also been placed on a "nothing by mouth" status which has left her begging for water and food. It breaks out hearts to say no but it's obviously for the best. She has been dealing with a right lung that continues to fill up with fluid even after they drain it. She's been having lots of ups and downs so at the moment we are still waiting for a definite plan from the doctors. It was great to have a funny chat with her and hear her joke around with us.

I had been extremely excited for a movie night with the fam and had every intention of staying awake for two whole movies. After all, it didn't matter how late I stayed up because the next morning I would be sleeping in. Oh it's the little things in life. ;) We all found our spots and got comfy to watch Crazy Stupid Love. This was my third time to watch it and the movie is so dang good that it was even better the third time around! Lisa and David partook in movie night with us as well. We had a good time oogling over Ryan Gosling while Spencer, Dad and David bantered back and forth about why he wasn't as hot as we had proclaimed. Sorry guys, you won't be changing out minds anytime soon. The girls loved the movie and I think dad even enjoyed it despite all of the "hot guy" talk from us. We aren't sure about what David and Spencer thought...though it's probably obvious looking at these pictures.....



I was eating up the family time and loving even more that I didn't have to go to bed dreading my early wake up call. Yay for girl time!!!!


I rolled out of bed at 9:48. I'm confident in saying that I've only slept in longer than that one time in the last fifteen months. You know how you don't mind getting up early as long as you aren't forced to get up by an alarm clock or a crying lil person? I am perturbed by this phenomenon. I found myself awake at the exact time Hallie usually crows. Luckily I was able to take advantage of the opportunity and fell right back asleep. I contemplated getting up for a long run but then mentally kicked myself for thinking such a ridiculous thing. ;) I hurried and got dressed for a busy three hours ahead of me. That was exactly how much time I had to pack in a lot of stops before I had to head back home. Here's where I'm going to be completely honest....I don't think the morning could have been more depressing. I had mixed feelings about my trip out to visit momma at the cemetery. On one hand, I was anxious to see the stone that had finally been set but on the other hand I was feeling the sting of her absence more than usual as I drove up the road to where she lies. I had seen a picture of it and helped give input into the design and colors of the stone and vases.......but I was honestly blown away by the beauty and perfection of it. My dad deserves every bit of credit for this amazing stone. He designed it down to the last detail and put in numerous special touches that make it the most unique stone in sight......



He had the vases made with special rings around the bottom with their wedding date on one and childrens' names on the other......


The fall flowers and pumpkins looked great.....


Here is a shot of the angel that has been sitting out there for months now. She's weathered it all....






Job well done Dad. I was in awe. For some reason I couldn't find any tears today as I stood there. I keep telling myself that it's not what mom would want so instead I just smiled. The wind was a blowin' today and the wind chimes were doing their job making peaceful music.....


My next stop was to spend some more time chatting with Meme. She was resting comfortably in bed but had her breathing mask on. She was still talking non-stop about how hungry and thirsty she was. It was everything I could do not to go get her a sandwich and a big glass of water. I hate seeing her like that. She asked me to find something good on tv so I flipped the tube on and wouldn't ya know it...the Food Channel was on. We quickly turned it!!! Her PT popped his head around the corner and asked if she'd like to get out of bed. Rule #1: never ask. Meme of course shook her head no. After some convincing from her "home PT" (as she refers to me) and her nurse, she agreed to get up in a chair. Thank you Jesus!! She needs to spend as much time out of bed as she can tolerate to keep her lungs clear. Continued prayers are appreciated as we don't have an definite answers about her prognosis at this point. She's a tough as nails, sweet as a peach kinda lady is all I know!
Lunch with Aunt B, Spencer, Heather and Dad was next on my list. We had a fine dining experience at Taco Bueno. What's that you say??? It isn't fine dining?? I beg to differ. I sure do miss me some Bueno! Although I'm fairly certain that my tummy didn't miss it as much as I did. We finished off my solo Enid trip with a girl's only shopping trip to Hobby Lobby to help decorate Heather and Bailey's kitchens. I fired up my creativity and we moved quickly and found some pretty great stuff. Somehow, someway, by the grace of God I emerged from the store with the same balance in my bank account. Yes, that's right. I didn't buy a single item. Thanks Heather and Bailey for letting me spend your money. ;) Luckily I had time to stop by Aunt B's house to see the progress they've made on it! It was all ggorgeous! I'm so proud of her and Spence.

I walked in the door at home to find an adorable, happy girl running toward me with her arms opened wide. She gave me a larger than life hug. She still hasn't figured out the art of slowing down once she gets to me so it usually ends in her banging her head into my shoulder. She doesn't seem to mind though. We helped Riley pick out his gameday gear and said "bye bye" as he headed to Stillwater. We had a very, very low key girl's afternoon which involved lots of playing in the living room, practicing her xylophone playing skills, showing off her dare devil moves on her slide, watching some football, cooking and sneaking in some cuddling time. I've gotta say, I'm loving this quiet time with my feet up in the recliner, cozied up with my fuzzy blanket, watching some football and doing my second "job"...blogging. Alone time is good for the soul. Quiet time is good for my sanity. My tank is no longer on "E". While I've got some fuel to spare I've got lots of funny new stories to share about my favorite little girl....stay tuned!!
"Why can't we do this everyday?"










No comments:

Post a Comment