Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Very Spaeth Thanksgiving

We finished off a fine Thanksgiving weekend with a long overdue Spaeth family holiday celebration. With a lot going on with the family this past year we haven't been able to all get together so we were looking forward to having everyone all under the same roof. We are always guaranteed an amazing meal when the Spaeth women are involved. Hallie caught wind of our lunch plans this morning before church.....

"More turkey?!?!?"

No turkey, baby girl. Today we had a yummy lunch on brisket and ribs waiting for us at Aunt Betty's house right outside of town. The only problem standing in our way was this.....


She was sacked out after early service at church and didn't seem to be feeling 100%. While I tip-toed outside of her door dreading waking her up, this is what Riley was doing.....


He was enjoying lounging around in his sweatpants and getting a little too heavy-eyed so I told him it was time to get up and get dressed while I worked on waking Hal up. As in every situation when we are in a hurry and he does not know what to wear (as if it really mattered) he took the opportunity to waste time making me laugh hysterically. My laughs were actually what woke her up and I soon found that her hair was dripping with sweat and her face was red. My first though was "please don't let her be sick!" because I was feeling like poo poo myself with a headache and stuffy nose. Getting dressed went semi-well and once we got her buckled into the carseat things were looking much better. Quick turn around time I'd say. No, Riley did not wear his suit jacket/Thunder t-shirt/ sideways cap combo....but only because I made him change. ;)

We had a great time out at Betty's house eating, catching up with family and playing outside. Although it was chilly with some serious wind, the sun was shining and Hallie had energy to burn. She spotted the big kids up the hill and headed that way with Aunt B....

"Follow me Aunt B...I won't steer ya wrong"

Justin was in his best kite-flying form as the big kids watched....


Hallie realized she had a lot of exploring to do in the yard and refused to stay cooped up indoors so we spent about 75% of the afternoon running around the place....




She settled for a bit of family time inside, mostly perched atop the fire place sitting next to cousin Eve....


Gman and his "twin", cousin Calley, slept the entire afternoon away in their chairs while everyone else kicked back and relaxed.....



Hallie's family role call: great aunt Betty, great aunt Alta & great uncle David, Gman, Aunt Bailey & Uncle Spencer; second cousins Justin & TeNeil, Kris & Calley, Jon & Keisha and Kara; third cousins Eve, Jude, Corbin & Peyton.

We had a nice relaxing afternoon despite spending most of it chasing around a very hyped-up Hallie Grace. I can just see the little wheels in her head turning thinking "geez, I can't wait til I'm a 'big kid'."

No comments:

Post a Comment