Thursday, November 3, 2011

Twenty 8!

28 years old? 28 years young?

All I know is that I'm two short years away from the number 30. :/

But these pretty fall birthday flowers sure do make this reality a lot less harsh!!!


My first surprise of the day were these gorgeous fall pretties waiting for me at the clinic from Aunt Lana and Uncle Danny. Oh and they smell just as wonderfu as they look. Next to the flowers sat a birthday card from my coworkers....each message made me laugh and the gift card inside was extremely generous! I work with a good bunch of people for sure. But before I came upon these lovely birthday surprises I was lucky enough to have some spare time for a birthday lunch courtesy of my amazing sis-in-law Katie. Riley was able to join us at Cafe Eden, which is one of my favorite places to lunch in town. As luck would have it, the chef had prepared my favorite dessert...her yummy and scrumptionsly sweet lemons bars. Of course Katie and I each had to have one!

After getting home from work with Hallie I was told by Riley that we were going out to dinner at 6:30. I asked him where and he said "Blue Water Grill." I replied with "oh good, I've been wanting to try that place, is it good?" This was his response...."not really." Ok, this is where I was a little bit skeptical of our so-called dinner plans. He also told me that we were going to stop by Nanny's work so that I could open a gift so we loaded up in the car and walked in through the cold wind and sprinkles to find three awesome people jump out in front of me and yell "SURPRISE!!!"

Surprised I was. Katie, Nanny and Papa were waiting there for me with a decorated table, balloons, dinner and one beyond awesome and thoughtful gift. Can you tell that I was pretty pumped about it?! I had to hug it after all!!! This stainless steel beauty is now one of my most prized possessions and will come in handy often now since I've been on a cooking kick lately......

My new baby!

I joked with Nanny that she is the only person I know who could throw a lil party while working. They made my night!!


You can't have a surprise party without cake!! And you can't have cake with including Hallie!!!

"I'll have some of that, thank you momma!"

Riley asked Nanny what our entertainment for the party was and of course the answer was this.....

Hallie Grace, of course

And entertain she did. She would not sit still. Even to eat her pizza. Now that's crazy! But I was able to sit back and relax while everyone kept Hallie entertained. For example, this was Riley's method....

"Dad, am I going to have a sister or brother?"

Riley and my sweet baby girl gifted me with the Insanity workout DVD set which I've been begging for. It's perfect timing too considering winter is approaching and I will need to find some way to keep exercising indoors now. The day turned out to be just right! And who doesn't love receiving text messages, phone calls and Facebook messages all day sending well wishes?!?! I know I did! Thanks to everyone who made my 28th special and perfect! Thank you for making me feel loved. :)

I thought while I'm on the subject of birthdays and getting older I'd go ahead and make a list of things I'd like to accomplish in my 28th year of life. Maybe if I make them known then I'll be more likely to tackle them. Here they are:

  • Create a Grammy memory book for Hallie
  • Learn to lighten up
  • Be more involved in church activities
  • Learn how to say "no" when I need to
  • Go on at least two vacations (one with just Riley and one with all three of us)
  • Create a magical room for my princess in our new home
  • Send birthday cards to every family member on their birthday
  • Be a natural in the kitchen...this is a longshot but I'm shooting as straight as I can
  • Possibly be in the process of expanding our family....;)
  • Be completely settled into a furnished and decorated home
  • Spend more time with good friends
  • Read at least three books
  • Show others my appreciation more often instead of assuming they know how much I love them
  • Be the best matron of honor I can be for my sister
This weekend I'll be heading to Enid for a post-birthday celebration with family and enjoying one of my other gifts from Riley......a day to sleep in. YIPPEE!!! Details on this to come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment