Sunday, November 13, 2011

Hugs for Meme

Have you ever taken a picture and immediately knew that you would be looking at it years down the road so thankful that you captured that brief moment in time?

Well this is mine....


My sweet baby girl was just the medicine my sweet Meme needed on Saturday. She gave plenty of big hugs, a handful of sweet kisses and provided lots of laughter. My grandmother is still in the hospital in Enid and recently was moved from ICU to an intermediate care floor. When I walked in I couldn't believe my eyes. The last time I'd seen her a week prior she looked like a different woman than the one I was watching play with my daughter. She had the color back in her face, her smile was fixed on her face and she no longer had to talk through that horrible bi-pap breathing mask. I was looking at a woman who had made some huge strides in one week's time. Thanks to everyone for your continued prayers as she still has a journey of recovery ahead of her. She is still being treated for pneumonia and just getting back to eating food again. She will be moving to a long term acute care facility across the street this week more than likely. There she'll be having therapy daily which she's thrilled about. Ok, I lie. When I asked her about her thoughts on the therapy she rolled her eyes and said she wasn't so much looking forward to that part. I put the fear in her about being good in therapy....she knows I'll be waiting for her to get home so I can put her through the ropes in home health therapy. She's on the mend and for that we are so grateful.

I can't even begin to tell you how special this woman is to our family. The true definition of a matriarch. The woman had six children for goodness' sake!! SIX! With a set of twins! She's a tough cookie that never gives up a fight. Prayers for her being able to return home and function like normal are what she needs now. After all, she's got yet another therapist (of the mini version) waiting on her to get back home.....

"Meme, pushing the walker is a lot more fun when we are at your house"

1 comment:

  1. You are right Ashley, you captured a picture you will cherish for a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete