Wednesday, November 16, 2011

"Jesus Said"

I think if Riley hears me say that phrase one more time this week he might just put tape over my mouth. We listened to an A+ sermon on Sunday about stress and worry. The gist of it was that the bible tells us not to worry about anything. I could quote many verses that Pastor Charlie provided but they all say the say thing basically....don't worry. I sat there thinking "yeah right, like I could ever stop worrying as much as I do." But by the end I was totally on board and had actually been enlightened. One verse in particular talked about worry not adding any time to your life...it doesn't make the thing you are worrying about turn out the way you want....and it sure as heck doesn't help your blood pressure. So after we left church I got to talking to Riley about what we'd just heard. I told him my goal that day was to live worry free....."because Jesus said." I think I've probably said this to my worrisome hubby at least twenty times this week. And I've repeated it to myself just as many. After a quick, unexpected lunch date on Monday I could tell that Riley wasn't doing what "Jesus said" and seemed pretty worried about work. So I thought it appropriate to send him a friendly reminder in response to his "I love you"......


I guess the point of this post is to give a laugh and to share some advice that we learned. Not to say that I haven't worried at all this week but I have worried a lot less. And if your worry gets out of hand just play the "Jesus said" card and it should work like a charm. ;)



Jesus said.

No comments:

Post a Comment