Thursday, November 17, 2011

Date with McDreamy

Pretty outfit. Stylish shoes. The perfect hairbow to match. Freshly washed and shiny hair. This could only mean one thing.....Tuesday was Hallie's 15 month check-up with our favorite pediatrician, Dr. McDreamy. That guy always leaves Hallie feeling confused, slightly verbally abused but keeps her giggling and flashing some flirty grins. I'll elaborate on that a little later but first I must start from the beginning.....

I must mention how stinking cute she was looking in her little Gap sweater and dance shirt from cousins Justin and TeNeil. We topped it off with her divalicious pink and diamond bow from Aunt Alta. And you can't forget her baby pink Toms that get at least ten comments every time she wears them around. Today was no exception. Dr. McDreamy's words were "wow, are those baby Toms? You aren't spoiled at all, are ya girl? But hey, at least another little baby now gets a free pair of shoes somewhere in another country." I informed him that I didn't do the spoiling and it was all Aunt Ky's doings. :)

But before she got to lay eyes on her much older crush we had to wait a whole two minutes in the waiting room. I've got say that it's almost worth driving the 2 1/2 hours to McDreamy instead of waiting an hour in the waiting room surrounded by sick and screaming babies. I love the office and the rooms are just adorable. I know what you are thinking....and yes.....we will probably never break up with McDreamy like we've been planning. She just can't find the right words to say.

Hal and I had had a busy morning. We left Woodward by 9:00, pulled into Edmond around noon, picked up our favorite Chipotle and headed over to my friend Ashley's house. You can read about our visit here. We realized the time was ticking by and we needed to load up and head into OKC for her appointment at 2:30. But I couldn't drive past smoothie heaven without picking up a tasty treat to top off my favorite lunch. I'm not going to lie, our smoothie stop may or may not have made us kinda late for her appointment. Oh I hate being late.....but it was worth it. Hal even got to enjoy a few sips since we'd just figured out thirty mintues earlier at Ashley's house that Hallie could in fact drink through a straw. News to me!! I was thrilled when I saw her suck some water out of my cup unexpectedly. Water is one thing and Jamba is another.....

"Mama, you ain't lyin'....this stuff is amazing. I'll take one sippy cup full please."

The nurse took us into a room, Hal stripped down and went straight to the scale for some measurements. Someone was looking a little self-conscious. And this was even before Dr. McDreamy commented on her weight....
"Can I put my shirt back on so he won't see my belly?"

My sweet little girl ain't so little. Here are her 15 month stats:

*Weight: 24lb 7oz (70th percentile)
*Height: 29.5 in (12th percentile)
"Are you trying to say I should lay off the smoothie, huh??"


In walked her dream guy. The grin on her face would have been hard to hide because she was showing all of her teeth. As he walked toward her I'm sure she was nervous waiting to hear his first words. She had every right to be nervous because this is what he said....."you've got a solid one there." "Solid?" I asked. His response was "you can't deny that she's a solid girl." Bahahaha. Sorry Hal gal. There is no hiding that tummy and those arm rolls. But he did follow up his observation with a few little pokes and tickles to get her to laugh. He did a quick exam of her teeth and mouth. He warned me that the 15 month checkup in usually a "screaming checkup." Hallie must've wanted to prove him wrong because she did nothing but giggle and smile all the while he poked and prodded to check her heart, belly and ears. All systems were go! She checked out beautifully. He ducked out of the room after telling her the bad news......

"SHOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

The terror of parting ways with her man and having to wait for shots lasted a good three seconds and she was on to bigger and better things. For example......

"This screen has remarkable resolution..."

"We're almost out mom, bring on the next one...."

Funny girl, she downed most of my smoothie but was polite enough to leave me with a few drinks. In walked the nurse about the time Hallie had lost her patience. I tried to keep her calm because I knew these shots were going to be pretty painful. Four shots, two in each leg. One was a flu shot. Oh it was so horrible watching her this time. Not that the other times weren't agonizing for mommy but as she gets older and is able to express her feelings more, it makes it that much more evident just how much pain she is in. Ok, can we be done with vaccines now!?!?!?! Her legs were pretty sore for a couple of days and squirmed when I'd touch her booboo. No fever this time though!! PTL!!!!

She passed out the second I strapped her in the car. Why do they always fall asleep when you don't want them to?? We had big plans to do some Christmas shopping for her and cousin Carmen at Toys'R'Us. Luckily she didn't mind me waking her up as I'd promised a good time in toy heaven. She was in awe as we strolled down the aisles. She kept pointing and reaching to things nearby. The babydolls especially caught her attention. The girls faired very well and I got most of Hal's Christmas list checked off. Whew, that felt good!!



 The next stop was none other than Hobby Lobby for a serious mission. Picking out this year's wrapping paper, bows and gift tags. One of my most favorite parts of Christmas!!! We had a successful quick shopping trip and Hal was a mighty fine helper. So far I'd got my Chipotle, Jamba Juice and Hobby Lobby fix....might as well finish off a perfect day with Schlotzskys. Don't mind if I do. (Have I mentioned that I kinda miss living in the city????) Hal dined on a Lunchable that I'd picked up at the quick stop while we got gas for the ride home. She was quite a big fan of it! Those will  probably be reserved for road trips ONLY! There isn't much to mention about our car ride. The usual ear piercing agony of the trip was an unusual peaceful drive mainly due to the DVD trance she was in. With only a 45 minute nap all day she managed to stay awake by watching her new baby brain video until her usual bedtime at 7:30. She went straight to bed after giving a few kisses to her dad.

Sweet girl. Perfectly healthy. Full of love (for Dr. McDreamy).

No comments:

Post a Comment