Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Weekend that Welcomed October

There is a very happy daddy in our household. It may have something to do with this........

His "dream truck" with his favorite girl in the back of it ;)

When Riley decides on something he doesn't waste any time. I'm glad he is finally in something that he will enjoy driving. Bye bye tan turd! We won't miss you!

Friday evening after Riley picked up his new truck we drove over to Nanny and Papa's for some hamburgers. We were joined by Katie and Carmen, who was looking mighty cute in her mini skirt I might add! Great dinner followed by an even greater dessert...some pumpkin pie to kick off fall on the eve of October! Hallie's new trick for the night was to make her "praying hands." She looked like a little angel clasping her hands together....we still need to work on the closing the eyes part but I just die everytime she does this new trick. ;) A very long and draining week had drawn to a close and had left me eggs to the zausted. If you didn't catch that I was trying to say I was exhausted in a new and fun way....thought maybe that might make it sound better. ;) So instead of doing the prudent thing and going to bed at a reasonable time, my exhausted behind stayed up until 1:00 a.m. working on this.........


My new obsession/hobby/outlet/hair-brained idea. Right at the moment it consumes a lot more time than I had planned but it seems to be a good relaxer for me after Hallie goes to bed. Gman says it's okay to write my "pink plate" blog as long as he still has just as many "livin' on Hallie time"'s to read. No worries, Gman, no worries.

So that is how our weekend started. One happy daddy. One tired momma. And one hungry baby......

"I haven't been to the store in a few weeks!"

She did a little lot of grocery shopping out of my fridge attempting to fill her new shopping cart. Which by the way I might mention that I was a wee bit purturbed when I opened the shopping cart box to find that it did not include food. Hmmm. Interesting. We improvised and she found her own way to fill it with food...

Looks like somebody's making some green bean casserole

Hallie was pleasantly surprised on Saturday morning by Nanny who wanted to snatch her up and take her for a ride and to run some errands. She willingly left the house in her pajamas with her bed head and all. Riley and I took that as an opportunity to take a ride in his new ride. We drove down the street and spied on the 5K runners coming around the corner by our house...ya see, there was this 5K that I hummed and hawed about all week long. Do I run? Do I not run? Well, I didn't run. My nerves got the best of me. Whatever happened to running for fun? Oh wait, I have no idea what that means. Praying doesn't help this matter so I don't think it's going to change anytime soon. We lazily drove back to the house after feeling silly for not running. Hallie returned shortly after and was in need of a short morning power nap. So was mommy but instead I made some brunch and planned out my activities for the day. We were bummed that we missed Papa walking in the "Real Women Wear Heals" event for the crisis center. He was rocking those purple pumps, dontcha think?


Just fabulous darling!

Nap time over. Play time begins. Aunt Ky came over for a visit and to practice using her new Canon for her photography class. She needed some action shots so I gladly tossed my funny girl up in the air. Plenty of action until overprotective daddy caught sight of our fun. We simply moved our flying fun to the backyard out of his sight....hehehehe! After catching some serious air she found another equally as fun activity.......

Ok, I'm not seeing the "fun" here.

She insisted on wearing this ring around her head and would place it back on when it fell off. Funny girl....


After her Aunt Ky visit we got to work on some projects on the list for the afternoon. First things first though....shopping. Hallie was my all-star shopping cart partner while I wandered Walmart for over an hour collecting crafty supplies and various other things I probably didn't need. I will just go ahead and guess that it was the pack of Twizzlers she chewed on the entire time that kept her happy. Oh and she could be seen rocking her Roundhouse overalls and her pink bow. Had to have the bow to ward off any "oh what a cute boy" comments. I brought a tired baby back home and put her to bed for a nap. I thought she was in agreeance that it was bedtime but I was wrong. Actually I was glad that she didn't want to sleep because I needed her help for a very girly project. Pink painted pumpkins.....



We coincidentally both wore pink. A pink that matched the paint color perfectly. Guess it wouldn't have mattered if we'd gotten dirty while painting....

My partner in pink

She loved touching the dried pumpkins and tried a handful of times to lug them away two at a time. They still needed some more drying time so she settled for poking at them....


Now it was time for a nap. But eeek! It was already 5:00! This meant that a certain baby would think it was time to go to bed for good that evening. I took the chance and used my mommy free time to work on another fun project. My other daughter helped me with this one......


Hallie Grace continued to sleep and didn't wake until she heard Aunt Katie and Carmen come through the door. She awoke a very energized and happy baby. We spent the evening out on the porch with Riley, Carmen and Katie after Hallie enjoyed some mac 'n' cheese for dinner. Carmen snoozed in her momma's arms all wrapped nice and cozy in her blankie. Except for a few minutes of livin on Carmen time.....

"I'll try to stay awake Hal! I promise!"

They left for home around 8:00 and we headed inside for bathtime and reading before bed. She was a great source of entertainment as I watched her clean the edge of the tub and tile dilligently using her mini wash rag. She was serious about it too....like she really needed to scrub it down good. Then she started up a rousing game of peek-a-boo with her distracted mommy who was sitting on the counter using my Pinterest phone app. I'll take a game with my girl over Pinterest anyday! I love how she still acts so surprised when I'm on the other side of the shower curtain every single time. Funny how that works, huh?! ;) When the clock strikes 9:00 and Hal gal is still in her wake state, things get a little crazy around our house. We call it her "delirious phase" in which she goes into silly mode and is a non-stop source of cooky entertainment. Not that she isn't always doing something funny....but delirious Hallie is a riot! Tonight she showed off some of her talents. To start with she ran into the bathroom and grabbed her wash rag from the edge of the bathtub. I guess she thought the floor needed a good cleaning too because she got down on all fours and started crawling along while pushing the wash rag along the floor. This one in particular made me very proud! Next she moved on to a game we shall call "10 ways to wear a wash rag"......

"As a hat..."

"Like a bull fighter...."

"As a neck cooler on a hot day..".

...and have I done the hat one yet?"

She tortured her furry sister by crawling and wallering all over her on top of the chair. It looked like she may have been trying to cuddle but it just turned into her smashing the dog. We had already put up her books for the night so we watched a book on my phone called "Binky the Pink Elephant." She could not take her eyes off of the screen. BINGO! I've found a new trick. Thanks Binky! Maybe it might have something to do with the book repeatedly saying her favorite word. ;)

Sunday morning was like any other. Kind of. Our friends Kim and BJ welcomed their baby boy Samuel into the world early Sunday morning so we were flying solo in Sunday school. We ended up joining Nanny and Papa's class and feasted on some yummy food Nanny had made.

Happy girl!

My little angel

Instead of taking our usual after-church naps, we loaded up for an afternoon of picture-taking in Enid with the fabulous Mandy! I have been looking forward to this for quite some time now! Our first family portraits with Miss Mandy! And even better, she came to Enid so that we didn't have to make the dreaded drive all the way to OKC! I can't wait to share the pictures on the blog but I must wait patiently. Ooooo, can I?? Not sure, but I'll try to be patient. ;) We had so much fun and got to shoot in four different locations throughout town. Hallie was a doll through about 3/4 of our 90 minute session. The last 1/4 was sleepy-induced crankyness that even the fabulous Mandy couldn't shake from her. Funny girl, that Hal. When's she ready to go she let's ya know! She was sure ready to go so we headed for Gman's house where we pulled up at the exact same time as Aunt B....then Gman and David pulled up on their bikes as we unloaded....and finally here came Dara and Lisa before we walked in. Talk about perfect timing! David and my dad had just returned from their "Wild Hogs" bike trip with two other friends to Eureka Springs and Fayetville, AR. From the looks of it they had a great time and wore themselves out. Gman was all leathered up in his biking gear....I'd never seen him like that before. I think he's transformed into a true biker dude. No question about it now!

Gman with his BFF

Hallie was thrilled to see all of her family. She got stripped down right away out of her long sleeves and tights. Poor girl had to be subjected to fall attire in the midst of near 90 degree temps for the sake of family pictures. Aunt Lana popped in for a visit and occupied Hal with the help of Dara while Lisa, David and I got to work on Gman’s house. I mentioned last week that he had given us the freedom to go to Hobby Lobby and collect what we needed to spruce up his living room. Well, it was time to unpack our room full of sacks and put everything in place. The plan was to surprise him before he returned from her bike trip but it was too late in the day so he settled for watching as we decorated/decluttered. The process in itself was satisfying yet almost depressing all at the same time. So many things that reminded me of momma and I almost felt strange moving things that she had placed in a certain area. But I do know that she would’ve given me free reign to decorate so that gave me a feeling of ease as we moved things around. My special project was the memory corner. We framed some of his favorite pictures and placed another framed favorite on top of the piano surrounded by some items that have special meaning. Lastly I found a place for the vase full of dried flowers from momma's service. I think it turned out just how Gman wanted it to.....


Always in our hearts



Sidenote: sorry for the crummy picture quality. I went off and forgot my camera at home!
Playtime with Lana, David, Aunt B, Gman, Lisa and Dara?!?!? Hallie was in heaven. Dinner time rolled around and she munched on food courtesy of my helpers while we continued to get everything straightened up in the living room. One quick sweep of the floor and the place looked like a totally different room! Gman approved of his new space!
Sonic drink in your hand = Hallie's best friend

Wiggle worm

It was night night time at this point!

It was a quick visit but packed with lots of family time and we got a lot accomplished today....family pictures and "speed redecorating" as Dara referred to it. My girl slept most of the way home until she realized her binky was lost in the black abiss known as the backseat. One quick stop and we were home to greet Riley. He had left after taking pictures to get home and start laundry and attempt to go hunting but he ran out of daylight and time. We were like a Nascar pit crew changing Hallie's diaper, dressing in pajamas and tossing a cup of milk in her crib. She needed all the help she could get because she was one tired baby girl. So am I girl, so am I. Speaking of tired.....I'm going to quit while I'm ahead and go to bed.

A splendid weekend.....a happy family.....plenty of playtime.....and it's OCTOBER!!!!!! One of my favorite months! Here's to a happy and healthy October!



No comments:

Post a Comment