Sunday, October 16, 2011

Say Yes to the Dress!


Today was the day my sister found the perfect dress. And in several short months she will be saying "I DO" in said dress. She made an appointment at The Briday Shop in Enid to try on a few dresses this afternoon. I don't think she expected to find "the one" today though. As any special bride should have, Bailey had a room full of family and bridesmaids to help with her big decision. Mother of the groom, Kim, and Bailey's "second mother" Aunt Lana, were the first ones there. The rest of us were just a bit tardy (my excuse was a long drive and road construction). I hurried in with Dara and Lisa to find Bailey standing in front of the mirror in her first dress with tears in her eyes. Her "bridal moment." Please tell me that you all had one of these too! The moment when you come out of the dressing room to see yourself in a wedding dress for the first time. A "WOW" moment.



Kara and Aunt Alta arrived shortly after and found a seat for the show. In between watching Bailey twirl and walk in several different dresses, Dara entertained us by trying on hair pieces.....

....just gorgeous darling....



 We watched and waited excitedly as she tried on each dress. We heard a few of "I like this one" or "this one is pretty".....we were still waiting to hear the word LOVE!




Bailey was being conscious of price as any bride trying to stay on budget would do. That is until Aunt Lana made all of our jaws drop by surprising Bailey with big news... she was going to buy her dress. Wow!! We got busy searching through racks for more options.....


She tried on our new selections but I'm pretty sure she knew all along which one she wanted. After all, we had heard the word "LOVE" by this point.


Bailey came back out for the second time in THE dress. It was clear that this was the dress. She managed to make all of us cry when she asked "do you think mom would like this dress?" Lana responded with a nice ol' tearjerker and started the waterworks show. I know my mom would've loved every second of this special day....and the great part is that she was with us. I'm sure she was laughing right along with everyone and telling Bailey to quit pulling at the top of her dress and giving her honest to goodness opinion every step of the way. Oh how we missed her being there today. But this is the part that makes me cry even more than thinking about our mom's absence....look how many people Bailey has in her life to fill in the gap.....

...you are loved Bailey...

After the bride's decision was final, Kara and I tried on a good number of bridesmaid dresses and took turns showing them off for the judging room. My favorite tea length champagne and brown dress made the cut!!! And to quote one of my favorite movies....."you can totally wear that dress again." - 27 Dresses



Dress, veil and hair piece ordered and purchased. Bridesmaids dresses finalized and half ordered. Tuxes somewhat picked out. A great start to wedding planning I'd say. Location....check. Photographer....check.

She also picked out another crucial piece of her wedding day ensemble......

....something blue....

I could tell that she felt a burden lifted from her shoulders once we'd left the bridal shop today. Two major things checked off of a long wedding list. She had found the dress and was a happy bride....

See what I mean?



Of course I can't reveal the glowing picture of her in THE dress...for that would be an unforgivable sin. But I can assure you that she found the one that brought her to tears, the one that made her twirl and spin, the one that made her smile from ear to ear, and the one that made her sparkle like diamonds. I cannot wait to see my baby sister walking down the aisle in her perfect dress.

Let the countdown begin!!!!!!!!!
7 MONTHS from today!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment