Thursday, October 6, 2011

Over the Hump

You can usually hear a collective sigh of relief come late Wednesday evening in the Fanning house. Not only is our munchkin in bed early due to her famous "daycare hangover", but we have reached the downhill slide of the week. I say Wednesday late night because Wednesday day and evening are usually pretty non-stop, don't have time to stop and think kinda busy. Between a busy middle of the week workday and making it to Wednesday night church on time, we have our hands full. I knew we'd be crunched for time this evening after I picked up Hallie. After all, we had to get home, feed her, cook dinner and get dressed all in thirty minutes time. Bahahaha! Hallie wandered the kitchen and made a great taste-tester while I cooked. After a very random meal of bits of chicken, egg noodles, cantaloupe (the safe kind), black beans and crackers, she was energized and ready to get to the nursery to play with her friends. My social butterfly would have to wait though while I finished things up in the kitchen. Don't you worry though, she found plenty of ways to occupy her time......

"I'll be your taste-tester any day of the week"

Riley called to check in with us on his way to the gym and Hallie lit up like a Christmas tree at the sound of his voice. She had a special treat for him too. Phone kisses are the best.......

Muah!

I turned my back for literally one minute and turn back around to find this. She did all this within three feet of me.....

Stealth much?

An entire room can be demolished before I can even say "wait, let's not eat the paper towel roll".......

She must be missing some kind of nutrient....

Somehow by the grace of God we made it out of the house in time to catch the insanity known as Insanity workout. Just a group of insane ladies (and one gentleman) getting our sweat on (dripping sweat I might add) while our babies have a good time playing with their little friends. I'm still trying to convince Riley that he would like the workout but I maintain that he would rather just spy through the window and laugh at us. I usually get a little antsy around 7:00 because I know that's usually Hal's "very ready to go to bed" phase. The whining switch is turned on as her eyes get more and more droopy and her craving for her nighttime cup of milk gets increasingly more intense by the minute. GET THAT GIRL SOME MILK, PJs & BED ASAP!!!! Tomorrow is a big day for Hal gal....I hope she gets plenty of sleep because we are going on a special trip. I can't tell you where though. You'll just have to come back and find out! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment