Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pumpkin Guts

"I'm not sure about this mom, but whatever you say...."

Her body language above says it all when I showed her the inside of our pumpkin. Despite her confusion and unfamiliarity with pumpkin innards, she blindly dug right in....

"This is so wrong..."

Bring on the magic green scoopers!!! These handy dandy tools turned her from hesitant to large and in charge....
"Ok, I'm going in!"

"It appears that we have some gooey substance right here"

While she was busy poking at the stringy stuff, I was picking out the seeds. Now those seemed to interest her quite a bit....

"Hey, where did those come from?"


Not so sure about these seeds thingys.....


But it didn't take long until she was diving in for her own seeds....

"So slimy!"

I forgot to mention that they don't taste good straight out of a gooey pumpkin....


After her taste test she peaced out on the pumpkin cleaning business and chased dogs while I finished the job....


Thanks to my willing and adventurous partner, we popped dinner in the oven thirty minutes later. What would I do without my little pumpkin??

No comments:

Post a Comment