Monday, October 31, 2011

Momma called the doctor and the doctor said....

No more Hallies jumpin' on the bed. :(

My original blog title was going to be "there will be blood" stolen from the horribly-made 2007 film....but I decided that was way too creepy (even in the spirit of Halloween!)  But that is neither here nor there. What is here is this big ol' fat lip on Hallie's face......


"This is so not cool mom...do you really think the hat draws the attention away from my face?!!"




She was having a grand ol' time romping on the bed when "plop" she went face first on the wood floor. It's pretty important to add that we are currently living ghetto style and sleeping on a matress on the floor since we are furniture-less at the moment. Mind you I would not have been turning my back had she been on a regular height bed. EEEEEK! My first sight of Hallie blood was very scary I must admit. After a good fifteen minute scream fest and lots of rocking and kisses to magically heal her lip she was able to calm down and get back to doing what she does best....being dangerous. Mother of the year has been far out of reach for awhile now but now I've been nominated for most endnagering mother of the year. Lol! Paranoid father of the year was checking for missing teeth and a concussion while I was feeling pretty poopy for turning my back to look in my closet and leaving her to her own devices on the bed. She could be found banging her head on the tile a short hour after her bed accident. This is how Hallie felt about the whole situation.....

"This isn't happening!!! My friends can't see me like this!!"

"Tomorrow is Halloween! This fat lip will ruin my entire costume!"

Needless to say, there will be no more jumping on the bed...and we may need to ramp up our reading of  her "no more momkey's jumpin' on the bed" book!!

No comments:

Post a Comment