Saturday, October 8, 2011

The Pumpkin Patch

I'm still trying to decide who was more excited about the plethora of pumpkins today.....me or Hallie?

Our little family made a quick stop by the pumpkin patch in Enid today for three reasons of course: to buy a pumpkin, to take pictures and to introduce Hallie to a new family tradition.


I have always loved the pumpkin patch down the street from my parent's house and was bummed when we didn't get around to visiting it last year when Hallie was a wee one. I wasn't about to miss two years in a row so I made an executive mommy decision to stop on our way into town. Riley blended right in with the pumpkins in his gameday attire. The girl working at the patch was sweet and offered to take a picture of the three of us.....


Hallie was either a) blinded by all of the orange or b) wondering what the big deal was....

My lovelies

Still some skepticism when we let her down to explore.....

"What exactly am I supposed to do here?"

It didn't take her long to figure out what she should do.....

Our lil punkin

Hal had her pick of tons of baby pumpkins but proved to be pretty picky when it came to making a choice....

"I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little overwhelmed..."

So daddy helped out a bit....

"No thanks dad, I got this."


While Riley and I picked out the perfect carving pumpkin she seemed to warm up to the idea of wandering amongst them......

"How many can I get? Because I've got my eye on a few"

She did mommy proud and got her pose on for some pictures with the pumpkin she picked out....


Oh that face!

It was time to go but someone wasn't ready. The patch had grown on her and she wasn't ready to leave.....


 With some cajoling she finally made her way to pay for her prizes (one baby and one daddy pumpkin).


We make memories everyday....but it's ones like this that are hard to forget. Until next year with the punkin at the punkin patch. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment