Thursday, June 16, 2011

World's Smallest Referee

Wednesday was kinda wacky. At least that's what Miss Linda told me when I showed up to pick Hallie up. It sounds like Hallie and her friend Jayden were feeding off of eachother's crankiness. Linda said when Billy (her husband) came home for lunch at noon he only stayed for five minutes. When she asked him why he was leaving so early he simply looked at the two munchkins. He normally plays with the kiddos at lunch and makes them giggle so they must have been quite the pair to send him running back to work. Once I got her home we figured out the problem.....she just wanted to be nakey.....

Works like a charm

While I sat on the porch and pondered life (aka what I was going to make for dinner) Hallie enjoyed some diaper time bear crawling through the grass, lounging on the dogs, and eating her squishy frog toy.....

"I dont' mean to be rude but I think you need to brush your teeth"

"I may have offended her"

Precious


The dogs started to tussle and my soft-hearted sweetie wasn't having any of the fighting so she crawled over toward them on a mission.....


"Hey, hey break it up!!"

Once she realized they didn't care what she had to say she said "to heck with it" and decided to call the fight instead....

"Sorry homegirl but it looks like this round goes to Emmi"


When she isn't calling dog fights she is getting into EVERYTHING. There is not an object that goes untouched. Here is a short list of objects she found to shove in her mouth today......wallet, dog, dog toy, pen, towel, toilet paper, a door stop...and the list goes on. I found her rummaging through the garbage this morning after approximately three seconds of turning my back. She made a beeline for the trashcan, stood up and pulled out my water bottle and a handful of paper towels.  At that moment I had to stop and say a prayer for energy....I needed a super burst because at the same time Emmi had chewed up some of the paper towels and strewn them about the dining room while the little dogs were barking at the back door and I was nowhere near being ready for work and had ten minutes to get ready. Apparently God was speedy this morning because we were ready and out the door on time. Hallie went to Miss Jennifer's (nursery coordinator at church) house today. Her kiddos have been excited to spend the day with Hallie for awhile now. But first things first....getting the carseat out of the car. Why on earth do they make it so darn hard to get carseats in and out. Ok, yes, I do know the answer to this question but heavens can't they be super safe and easy to remove. I know it sounds pathetic but I have never had to put the carseat in or take it out on my own. That is Riley's forte and I always call upon him for help and don't care to pay attention to how he does it. Bad idea. Eeeek. Thanks to Jennifer's husband and his strong thumbs we got the clunky seat out and I was finally off to work. After ten months I am finally capable of removing and installing a carseat. Mom of the year right here!!! ;)

Hallie had a busy morning with Jennifer and her kids at the church for VBS. It sounds like she had a morning full of mischief and playing. She has a two-year-old friend who has taken quite a liking to her and calls her "my baby Hallie". Well this morning "baby Hallie" decided to rip off one side of her diaper, crawl out of it, and pee on the floor at church. Great. That's my girl! Princess baby Hallie (as Jennifer likes to call her) was not so princessy. After a long, hot day I picked up a tired girl who only took an hour long nap. Eeeeeek. We had no choice but to head out into the wild blue yonder (Walmart, Stage, Hibbet's Sports, and Atwoods) for some Father's Day shopping. She was a perfect little helper insisting on holding objects that we picked up as I carried her through each store. We only stopped about thirty times to pick up things she threw down along the way. I like to think of it as a great workout....lots of squats for the quads and sustained arm muscle contractions while carrying Hal. Or maybe that is just me rationalizing not running in four days. Either way, we got all of our dads shopped for! Success! I have no idea how I made it work without an Academy, Lowes or Dillards but Hallie helped me improvise...she's good like that. :)

Right now I am wasting my quiet time where I get to control the remote and kick back in the recliner. I best go take advantage of this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment